Depending on the procedure, the bills depend primarily on the following:
- Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Hospital’s fee for the type of procedure. This cost includes nursing care, medications, standard supplies, use of the operating room and PACU recovery room. If you are an inpatient, there will be additional charges for the patient room, services and supplies attached to the extended stay.
- Laboratory or x-rays prior to the procedure
- The Surgeon’s fee for performing the surgery (separate charge from physician)
- Anesthesiologist (separate charge from the Anesthesiologist)
- Costs other care providers such as pathologist, radiologist and/or surgical assistants (separate Vendors not employed by the hospital; billing is separate)
We require payment of your deductible, co-payment, and co-insurance at the time of admission. We accept cash, checks, debit and all major credit cards. For procedures that are not covered by insurance and for patients who do not have medical insurance, we offer cash quotes and require full payment at the time of admission. Please call our office prior to your surgery date if special payment arrangements are necessary.
As a courtesy prior to the date of surgery, Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Hospital will verify patient insurance coverage and benefits for patients and will make every effort to communicate this information to the patient before the surgery date.
If you have any questions about financial arrangements or billing, call us at 1-866-396-9839.