IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY, CALL 911.
Pediatric nurses are standing by at Methodist Children’s Hospital to personally assist you with medical advice concerning your child when they are sick. If your child is having a non-life-threatening emergency and you do not need to call 911, you can call Call-A-Nurse for the appropriate advice. To get ahold of Call-A-Nurse in the South Texas area, please call:
Call (210) 22-Nurse (226-8773) for
Call-A-Nurse for Children from the Methodist Children's Hospital.
Monday - Friday, 5 p.m. - 8 a.m. and around the clock on weekends and major holidays
Holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July Forth, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas
During normal business hours, you should call your child’s pediatrician directly, but if it is after hours, our nurses are standing by to talk to you on the phone and answer any healthcare questions you may have. If you have a question regarding something ingested by your child and think it may be poisonous, call Poison Control at (800) 222-1222.
Use Methodist Children’s Hospital’s Call-A-Nurse if:
- Your child is ill or injured
- You are considering taking your child to the emergency room and their issue is non-life-threatening
- You have questions about your child’s health
- You need assistance when your primary pediatrician’s office is closed
Common reasons we receive calls through the Call-A-Nurse program include:
- If your child is feeling sick, but you aren’t sure how serious it is
- If you need a recommendation on the level of service your child needs, like a next-day appointment, urgent care visit, or emergency room visit
- If an appointment is needed for your child’s illness, you can book a next-day appointment at Methodist Children’s Hospital
- If you need instruction for taking care of the issue at home
- If your child has a common pediatric illness and you need to know what over-the-counter medications he or she can take
Tenemos enfermeras que hablan español.
Ask for a free refrigerator magnet so you’ll always have the number handy.