- Methodist Children's Hospital Expansion Updates
- Contact Us & Phone Directory
- FirstSteps Donor Breast Milk Program
- Hospital Highlights & Services
- Visitor Information
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Gift Shop & Cafeteria
- Caring for Hospitalized Children
- Special Events & Gift Donations
- Just for Parents
- Young Heroes’ Club
- Child Life Practicums and Internships
- C.A.R.E Team Services
- Medical Center Road Construction
- Well Waldo's Wheels
- Community Health Improvement Plan
- Pediatric Specialty Directory
- 2014-2016 Community Health Needs Assessment
Well Waldo's Wheels
Methodist Children’s Hospital, a campus of Methodist Hospital, offers Well Waldo’s Wheels, a FREE bus service for children and their parents who sometimes have difficulty finding a ride to the doctor or the hospital.
If you live in any of the zip codes listed, Well Waldo’s Wheels will pick you and your child up at your home and take you to Methodist Children’s Hospital for clinic visits, any type of treatment your child may need, or to visit patients. And, if your child’s doctor is on the medical staff and has an office in one of the zip codes listed, or in the South Texas Medical Center, you can ride to your child’s doctor’s office for appointments FREE OF CHARGE!
CALL MHS-RIDE (647-7433) Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., to schedule a ride on Well Waldo’s Wheels. The bus fills up quickly so call as soon as you know you will need a ride. Rides need to be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance of appointments or planned admissions.
Expecting Mothers living in these ZIP code areas who are pre-registered to deliver at Methodist Hospital, Metropolitan Methodist Hospital (a campus of Methodist Hospital), or Methodist Stone Oak Hospital, can arrange for a ride to their doctors’ appointments as well. You can ride Well Waldo’s Wheels Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
WELL WALDO’S WHEELS SERVES THE FOLLOWING ZIP CODES:
And parts of these zip codes:
(please call for specific service area)
SCHEDULE A RIDE:
- Please have your child's doctor's name, phone number and address ready when you call to schedule a ride.
- If you already have an appointment scheduled, please have the date and time of your appointment ready when you call to schedule your ride.
- Rides need to be scheduled 48 hours in advance of your appointment. Even with advance notice, we may not be able to give you a ride if the bus if full. If you can call us when you begin planning your next appointment, we can work with you and your doctor to schedule the appointment at a time when we can meet your needs.
- Well Waldo's Wheels can safely transport patients in wheelchairs and are equipped with a wheel chair lift.
- Well Waldo's Wheels is NOT an ambulance and does not have the special equipment needed for emergency transportation.
THE DAY OF THE RIDE:
- Please be ready 30 minutes before your scheduled pick-up time.
- Well Waldo’s Wheels will park as close as possible to your front door.
- Every rider must wear a seat belt. The bus has child safety seats for children too young to use a seat belt.
- All children must have a parent or guardian ride with them.
- When your visit is over, you or someone in your doctor’s office or at the hospital, can call MHS-RIDE (647-7433) to let us know you are ready to be picked up and taken home.