Our beautiful facility
Upon arriving at the hospital, visitors are greeted with the option of complimentary valet parking. Once inside, visitors often think they’ve entered a five-star hotel due to the natural light pouring in from soaring windows and various patient portals with easily readable signs that welcome patients and their families. Our goal is to make our visitors as comfortable as possible no matter what their medical condition may be. We proudly serve visitors who need everything from emergency room care to seeing one of our orthopedic doctors for a checkup.
At the crest of a major American city, Methodist Stone Oak is first and foremost a community hospital serving Stone Oak and San Antonio’s north-side neighborhoods. To organize our outreach and maximize our contribution to the neighborhood, the hospital relies on the counsel of our community board. We regularly host free events that focus on health and relationship-building for high-schoolers and adults.
Methodist Stone Oak Hospital is equipped with some of the best technology and doctors in the nation. We combine high-tech with high-touch: advanced medical procedures delivered with exceptional, compassionate patient care.
- Specialists in neuro-microsurgery provide a high level of surgical skill using minimally invasive techniques and specialized instrumentation. Surgeons can remove tumors wedged between the spinal cord and major nerve and vertebral arteries that were once considered inoperable. Surgical teams also perform procedures that control the devastating effects of Parkinson’s disease and epilepsy.
- Surgeons utilize revolutionary new technology in the operating room including the daVinci® Surgical System which allows laparoscopic procedures to be performed with robotic precision.
- The O-arm® Surgical Imaging Platform provides the capability of immediately viewing CT scans right in the operating room, so doctors get results faster and patients don’t have to be moved for imaging.
- Navigational sinus endoscopy and brain/spinal surgery performed with the Cranial Navigation Systems pinpoint problem areas with microscopic accuracy, leaving surrounding healthy tissue unaffected.
Excellent orthopedic surgeons
Our orthopedic surgeons use a specially designed operating room table to perform hip replacement surgery that is minimally invasive and tissue-saving. The direct anterior approach serves as an alternative to traditional hip replacement surgery. After surgery, patients typically experience less pain, a faster recovery and improved movement.
Methodist Stone Oak has attracted some of the best surgeons in South Texas with comfortable, patient-centered facilities and highly-trained and caring nurses and technicians. Our inpatient surgical services include:
- Breast surgery
- Cardiovascular surgery
- Pituitary/skull base tumors
- Minimally invasive procedures
- Minimally invasive knee surgery
- Minimally invasive hip surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Spine surgery
With advanced and comfortable facilities, highly qualified staff and free valet parking, Methodist Stone Oak offers ambulatory care in a number of specialties, including:
- Oral surgery
- General surgery
- Pain management
- Cosmetic surgery