- Have performed nearly 4,000 kidney transplants since the program’s inception in 1984.
- Program consistently ranks among the Nation’s top transplant centers in one-year survival rates. (source: www.srtr.org). Click on graph below to learn more.
- Approved by United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS), Medicare and Medicaid.
- Most experienced live donor program among all kidney transplant centers in the Nation. Over 2,000 live donor kidney transplants have been performed to date. This program is ranked #1 in the United States in number of live donor transplants performed since 2009. Our patients are willing to travel from far to be transplanted at our center because of our experience. Click here to view national and state rankings.
- This program is also the national leader in paired kidney donation, in which incompatible donor and recipients pairs are matched with other incompatible pairs - over 250 patients have benefited from this program to date, more than any other program in the Nation. Read more
- Live donor program is a leader in offering comprehensive solutions for patients with incompatible donors. Innovative programs include - paired donor exchange, incompatible blood type de-sensitization, and reduction of high level of antibodies before transplantation.
- The Incompatible Living Kidney Donor Exchange Program has experienced many accomplishments. We were the first transplant center in Texas to perform simultaneous two-way and three-way paired kidney exchange transplants. In 2010 our team performed the world's largest paired kidney exchange over a three-day period, at a single hospital, which grew to include 23 recipient and donors.
- Dedicated clinical research program providing patients access to the newest developments in transplant medications and management.
- Pulsatile renal perfusion laboratory for the best possible preservation and utilization of deceased donor kidneys – only renal pulsatile program in the state of Texas, which leads to more successful transplant outcomes.
- Bilingual physicians, clinical and support staff.