Request Patient Medical Records
To request medical records of past hospital stays or surgeries in a Methodist Healthcare facility and to ensure compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) privacy regulations, please fill out our online form for the Authorization for Release of Protected Health Information (PHI) or for patients attending Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Center - North Central or Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Center - Medical Center please refer to your location's webpage for full forms and details.
The form may be completed online, but must be printed, signed by the patient and mailed or delivered or faxed along with a copy of a driver’s license to 210-581-4921.
For a recorded message about how to obtain medical records, call our Medical Records Department at 210-575-4128. Customer service representatives are available to speak to you from Mon. – Fri. 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If mailing, please send to the following address:
HCA Shared Service Center
Attn: HSC Health Information Management
6000 Northwest Parkway #124
San Antonio, Texas 78249
Fax to 210-581-4921 or hand deliver to the respective facility where services were rendered.
Customer service representatives are available Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. To follow up about a submitted request for medical records, call 210-581-4585.
For a recorded message about how to obtain medical records, call our Medical Records Department:
- Methodist Hospital/Methodist Children’s Hospital: 210-575-4128
- Northeast Methodist Hospital: 210-757-5130
- Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital: 210-575-8100
- Metropolitan Methodist Hospital: 210-757-2984
- Methodist Stone Oak Hospital: 210-638-3902
- Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Hospital: 210-575-5051
- Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Center - Medical Center: 210-575-4584
- Methodist Ambulatory Surgery - North Central: 210-575-5200