Methodist Boerne Emergency Center - Fast Facts
24/7 Emergency Services In Your Neighborhood
Methodist Healthcare proudly furthered its commitment to Boerne residents in January 2008 by opening the first-ever 24/7 freestanding Emergency Center in South and Central Texas. This 9-1-1 emergency facility is like having a Methodist Hospital Emergency Department in Boerne, offering a higher level of emergency care in your neighborhood and offering the depth of resources of an acute care hospital for treating serious injuries and life-threatening illnesses.
Emergency Center Highlights
- Freestanding emergency center; full-service; 24/7, 365 days
- 15 treatment rooms:
- Two trauma/cardiac care rooms
- Five emergency/treatment rooms
- Four fast-track non-urgent treatment rooms for minor emergencies
- Four observation beds designed for monitoring 24-hour observation stay
- Full range of services available including: radiology, full-service laboratory and telemetry
- Specific on-site diagnostic equipment includes: 16-slice CT scanner; dedicated x-ray suite, ultrasound and telemetry equipment
- Bedside registration for convenience and privacy
- All private ER treatment rooms
- Air and ground transport to San Antonio for critically ill or injured patients
- Direct access to advanced trauma services and expert resources at Methodist Healthcare facilities
- The Emergency Center offers the benefits of immediate intervention for serious emergencies where treatment time is critical and 24-hour monitoring and testing of patients, such as chest pain cases, is required.
- Use of a Picture Archiving Communications System (PACS) allows staff to electronically transmit any diagnostic image from the Methodist Boerne Emergency Center to any Methodist hospital emergency room for seamless follow-up.
- Medical Staff
- Board-certified emergency medicine physicians
- Nurses and technicians specializing in emergency medical care
- Radiology and laboratory technicians
- On-call specialty physicians available for consultation
- Emergency-trained staff to treat urgent and emergency situations like heart attacks, broken bones, stomach ailments, asthma attacks and anything else a person would normally go to a typical ER to treat
- Methodist AirCare provides life-saving emergency transport for adults and children throughout South and Central Texas. Methodist AirCareTM can rush an infant to a Level 3 Newborn Intensive Care Unit, transport a high-risk expectant mom or transfer a stroke or heart attack patient from a rural hospital.
- 20,560 square foot, single floor facility constructed alongside Methodist Boerne Medical Center
Methodist Boerne Emergency Center
A Department of Methodist Hospital
134 Menger Springs, Ste 2000
Phone: (830) 331-3000
Methodist Boerne Health