Enhanced patient safety policy
Visitation procedures are designed for the safety of all patients and employees in the interest of limiting exposure to respiratory illness and containment of the COVID-19 virus.
Upon entry to the building, all visitors will be screened for respiratory symptoms, exposure to COVID-19, and travel. All visitors and ambulatory surgery division personnel entering the facility, must follow universal masking criteria.
Procedural or elective surgery
Procedural or elective surgery patients may have one designated adult visitor throughout the duration of the procedure and during the discharge process.
- If the patient is admitted following the procedure, one visitor may stay with the patient and must follow universal masking guidelines.
Limit of two visitors per pediatric patient.
- Caregivers accompanying pediatric patients should be healthy (no fever, cough, sore throat, etc.) and have had no international travel (including a cruise), in the last 14 days.
For adult and pediatric patients, all visitors must check in at the front
desk and will be asked the following questions:
- Have you had a fever or do you feel sick?
- Have you traveled outside the country within the last 14 days (including a cruise)?
- Have you been in in close contact with someone who has COVID-19?
- Have you been tested for COVID-19?
No visitors under the age of 18 unless they are parents of a patient having
- This policy includes infants and siblings.
- No exceptions to these restrictions will be made.
- Service animals will continue to be allowed.
COVID-19 positive or potentially COVID-19 positive patients
COVID-19 positive or potentially COVID-19 positive patients are not permitted to have visitors.
- Visitation is not permitted to limit the risk of exposure to others except in exceptional and unusual situations. All exception requests should be escalated to the house supervisor for further communication and decisions by the senior team.
- Alternative communication tools are encouraged for visiting with family and friends (tablets, phones, etc.)