About Methodist ER Alamo Heights
Methodist ER Alamo Heights is open 24/7 for life's emergencies.
Serving residents of Alamo Heights, Olmos Park, Terrell Hills, Monte Vista and surrounding communities, we recognize the unique needs of each of our patients and strive to deliver emergency care with Methodist Excellence each and every day.
For more information about our emergency center, please call (210) 638-4159.
When you visit Methodist ER Alamo Heights, you can expect convenient parking, short wait times, on-site emergency treatment and imaging services for adults and children. Expect to be treated by emergency trained physicians and staff all with extensive emergency treatment experience and quick access to Methodist Hospital Metropolitan services.
Methodist Hospital Metropolitan is accredited by The Joint Commission in stroke care and in chest pain as an Accredited Chest Pain Center.
If you or a loved one are experiencing a medical emergency, dial 9-1-1. For more information about our ER or to speak to a nurse about your next step, call (210) 575-0355 for adults or (210) 226-8773 for kids.
Adult conditions that may require emergency care:
- Heart attack
- Broken bones
- Serious burns
- Allergic reactions
- Stomach pain
Pediatric conditions that may require emergency care:
- Breathing troubles
- Difficulty speaking or slurred speech
- Serious head injury
- Body numbness, tingling or weakness
- Broken bones
- Dangerous or toxic ingestion
- 3 months old and younger: Any temperature greater than 100.4°F
- 3 to 6 months old: Oral temperature greater than 102°F
- 6 to 24 months old: Oral temperature greater 102°F lasting more than one day
- 2 to 17 years old: Oral temperature greater than 102°F and one or more of these factors:
- Seems unusually irritable, lethargic and uncomfortable
- Lasts longer than three days
- Doesn't respond to medication
As an extension of the emergency room at Methodist Hospital Metropolitan, our ER features:
- Radiology, full-service laboratory and telemetry
- Specific on-site diagnostic equipment includes: 64-slice CT scanner, dedicated x-ray suite, ultrasound and telemetry equipment
- Immediate intervention for serious emergencies where treatment time is critical with quick transfer capabilities to any Methodist Healthcare facility
- 24-hour monitoring and testing of patients, such as chest pain cases
- Use of a Picture Archiving Communications System (PACS) to allow staff to electronically transmit any diagnostic image from the Methodist ER Nacogdoches to any Methodist credentialed physician’s office, specialist or any Methodist hospital emergency room for seamless follow-up
As an extension of the emergency room at Methodist Children’s Hospital, our ER offers a variety of capabilities specifically designed for children:
- The nursing staff and physicians are specially trained and certified in Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS), as well as trained in pediatric care guidelines following our Methodist Children’s Hospital standards
- This ER has all of the equipment needed to treat pediatric patients
- The ER has a designed pediatric exam room to create a welcoming environment for young patients
- This Methodist facility has direct access to consult with pediatric specialists at Methodist Children’s Hospital, and if necessary, coordinate seamless patient transfers to the hospital with a specially trained pediatric team
Located off of E Basse Rd., when you visit, you can expect convenient parking, short wait times, on-site emergency treatment and imaging services for adults and children. Expect to be treated by emergency trained physicians and staff all with extensive emergency treatment experience and quick access to Methodist ER Alamo Heights services.