About Methodist ER Converse
Methodist ER Converse is Methodist Hospital Northeast’s newest extension of 24/7 emergency care. Open 365 days a year, the new freestanding emergency center is equipped to treat a variety of conditions such as:
- Heart attack
- Broken bones
- Serious burns
- Allergic reactions
- Stomach pain
For more information about our emergency center, please call (210) 757-8010.
Our team consists of board-certified emergency medicine physicians and emergency-trained nurses and technicians.
The 12,650-square-foot facility will feature 12 all-private treatment rooms and a full range of services such as:
- Radiology, full-service laboratory and telemetry
- Specific on-site diagnostic equipment will include: 64-slice CT scanner, dedicated x-ray suite, ultrasound and telemetry equipment
- Immediate intervention for serious emergencies where treatment time is critical with quick transfer capabilities to any Methodist Healthcare facility
- 24-hour monitoring and testing of patients, such as chest pain cases
- Use of a Picture Archiving Communications System (PACS) to allow staff to electronically transmit any diagnostic image from the Methodist ER Converse to any Methodist credentialed physician’s office, specialist or any Methodist hospital emergency room for seamless follow-up
“In response to the exponential growth of our communities, we saw an opportunity to better serve and support our patients needing advanced emergency care in Converse and the surrounding areas,” said Michael Beaver, CEO of Methodist Hospital Northeast. “With the opening of our new Methodist ER Converse, we are now able to provide those patients the Methodist-quality emergency care they deserve right in their backyard.”