12285 Bandera Rd.
San Antonio, TX 78023
Phone: (210) 575-2285
About Methodist ER Helotes
Methodist Hospital has expanded its emergency department with a new location, Methodist ER Helotes. The new freestanding emergency room is conveniently located off of Bandera Road and Cedar Trail. You’ll find us just across the street from Sonic Drive-In.
Open 24/7 to provide emergency medical care, Methodist ER Helotes is equipped to serve both adults and children. Our emergency services team is fully trained to handle a variety of adult and pediatric conditions. If you or a loved one require more specialized care, no extra cost is involved to be transferred to either Methodist Hospital or Methodist Children’s Hospital.
If you or a loved one are experiencing a medical emergency, dial 911. For more information about our ER or to speak to a nurse, call (210) 575-0355 for adults or (210) 226-8773 for kids.
Adult conditions that may require emergency care:
- Heart attack
- Broken bones
- Serious burns
- Allergic reactions
- Stomach pain
Pediatric conditions that may require emergency care:
- Breathing troubles
- Difficulty speaking or slurred speech
- Serious head injury
- Body numbness, tingling or weakness
- Broken bones
- Dangerous or toxic ingestion
- 3 months old and younger: Any temperature greater than 100.4°F
- 3 to 6 months old: Oral temperature greater than 102°F
- 6 to 24 months old: Oral temperature greater 102°F lasting more than one day
- 2 to 17 years old: Oral temperature greater than 102°F and one or more of these factors:
- Seems unusually irritable, lethargic and uncomfortable
- Lasts longer than three days
- Doesn't respond to medication
As an extension of the emergency room at Methodist Hospital, our ER features:
- Radiology, full-service laboratory and telemetry
- Specific on-site diagnostic equipment includes: 64-slice CT scanner, dedicated x-ray suite, ultrasound and telemetry equipment
- Immediate intervention for serious emergencies where treatment time is critical with quick transfer capabilities to any Methodist Healthcare facility
- 24-hour monitoring and testing of patients, such as chest pain cases
- Use of a Picture Archiving Communications System (PACS) to allow staff to electronically transmit any diagnostic image from the Methodist ER Helotes to any Methodist credentialed physician’s office, specialist or any Methodist hospital emergency room for seamless follow-up
As an extension of the emergency room at Methodist Children’s Hospital, our ER offers a variety of capabilities specifically designed for children:
- The nursing staff and physicians are specially trained and certified in Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS), as well as trained in pediatric care guidelines following our Methodist Children’s Hospital standards
- This ER has all of the equipment needed to treat pediatric patients
- The ER has a designed pediatric exam room to create a welcoming environment for young patients
- This Methodist facility has direct access to consult with pediatric specialists at Methodist Children’s Hospital, and if necessary, coordinate seamless patient transfers to the hospital with a specially trained pediatric team
Conveniently located off of Bandera Road and Cedar Trail, our freestanding emergency room offers free parking right outside our front door. Upon your arrival, please come in the main entrance and check in with our front desk staff. Our team will be there to guide you through the check-in process quickly so that you can get back to feeling your best as soon as possible.