About Methodist Heart Institute Lung Center
The Methodist Heart Institute Lung Center is home to the latest, most advanced diagnostic, therapeutic and management services for the treatment of lung disease and lung cancer in San Antonio. Our exceptional team of doctors, nurses and therapists focus primarily on the treatment of lung cancer, pulmonary hypertension and interstitial lung disease.
To refer a patient or to learn more about services at Methodist Heart Institute Lung Center, please call (210) 575-5864. Referral forms can be faxed to (210) 575-8499.
The Lung Center offers a one-stop, multidisciplinary, personalized care program for patients with lung cancer and complex lung diseases. Specialists also manage abnormal computed tomography (CT) scans and minimize diagnosis time, offering early detection and treatment options that may not otherwise be available.
Patients and their families can be assured they are receiving the best personalized treatment plans. Expert caregivers and medical professionals from multiple disciplines meet at regularly held tumor boards to evaluate individual cases and determine the best care options for each patient.
Our comprehensive lung nodule program enables us to detect incidental lung nodules earlier, diagnose lung cancer at an earlier stage, and ultimately, save lives.
Conditions we treat
- Chronic lung infection
- Chronic obstructive lung disease
- Interstitial lung disease/pulmonary fibrosis
- Lung abscesses
- Lung nodules/lung cancer
- Pulmonary embolism
- Pulmonary hypertension/pulmonary vascular disease
- Sleep disorders
The services provided through the Lung Center include:
- Chest X-ray
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO)
- Medical Thoracoscopy
- Navigational Bronchoscopy: several types of navigational bronchoscopy include Diagnostic Bronchoscopy (Lung Biopsy and Endobronchial Ultrasound [EBUS]), Therapeutic Bronchoscopy and Robotic Bronchoscopy
- Endobronchial Ultrasound and Lung Biopsy are also offer at Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant and Methodist Hospital Stone Oak
- Thoracic Surgery
- Tracheostomy Care
Our team is available Mon-Thurs: 8:30am - 4:30pm and Fri: 8:30am - 2:30pm.