Methodist Healthcare is home to the largest multi-specialty robotic surgery program in South Texas.
Cancer is life altering. Cancer of the head and neck can be even more scary, so it's important to know your options. Ask your doctor about da Vinci robotic surgery for head and neck conditions. At Methodist Hospital, we can treat certain cancers of the head and neck robotically, allowing us to avoid causing any major change to your appearance. Treatment areas include:
- Oral cavity: lips, floor and roof of mouth and gums
- Nasopharynx: nasal cavity and tubes leading to throat
- Oropharynx: soft palate of the mouth, tongue and tonsils
- Hypopharynx: sinuses, pharynx and postcricoid
- Larynx: voice box
The da Vinci System allows for minimally invasive, robotically assisted surgery that is completely controlled by your surgeon at all times. Robotic surgery offers several potential benefits compared to traditional surgery or laparoscopy including:
- Less pain
- Shorter hospital stay
- Lower blood loss
- Lower rate of complications
- Small incisions for minimal scarring
Methodist Hospital is a leader in da Vinci® Robotic Head and Neck Surgery. Our campus utilizes the most advanced robotic surgical platform on the market, the da Vinci Xi system lending to outstanding patient outcomes and superior care.