We have birthdays everyday and deliver the best gifts ever!
The birth of your baby can be one of the most exciting and wonderful experiences you will have. And, Metropolitan Methodist Hospital, a campus of Methodist Hospital, wants to be a part of it! We provide moms with the only stand-alone birthing center in the city, housing all women’s services. And now we’ve added yet another big reason for expectant mothers to choose Metropolitan Methodist Hospital: Metro Special Delivery. We created this service to give our new moms the most pleasurable and memorable experience possible, and we’re going to pamper you like never before.
Metro Special Delivery has a long list of physicians specializing in obstetrics and an experienced staff committed to keeping mothers and their new babies safe and happy through their delivery experience. It’s an honor and responsibility that we take very seriously. Metropolitan Methodist Hospital delivers more when it comes to choices, convenience, care and peace of mind for expectant mothers.
- Convenient location close to home
- All private mother/baby rooms and suites
- Excellent Level III Newborn Intensive Care Unit with a direct link to Methodist Children’s Hospital
- Physicians specializing in obstetrics on site 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. and on call 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Anesthesiologists on site 24/7
- Nursing director with 30+ years’ experience leading a highly trained and skilled staff
- The most comprehensive childbirth education program: FirstSteps®
- Call-A-Nurse For Children, a health advice line staffed by specially trained pediatric nurses available.
- Call 210-22-NURSE (226-8773) to learn more
- Web Babies Program lets new parents show off their baby online
- Advanced infant security system
- Chef-prepared meals for all new moms
- “Rooming in” so mom and baby can spend quality time
- Cord blood collection and banking
- Stand-alone, safe, secure building with 24/7 security station on first floor
- Texas 10 Step certified lactation services on site
- Free transportation to and from some doctor’s offices, call 210-MHS-RIDE or 647-7433 to learn more