Methodist Hospital | Metropolitan in San Antonio is home to the Methodist Weight Loss Center, a nine-bed bariatric surgery unit specifically designed for patients who undergo weight loss surgery. The unit features private rooms, internet access and a waiting room with a TV and coffee for families and friends.
Our nurses work closely with our surgeons and promote relationship-based care with patients and their loved ones.
To learn more about the bariatric surgery options we offer, please call (210) 575-0355.
Weight loss services we offer
We are committed to improving your quality of life and maximizing independence through a variety of interventions with weight loss. Through the Methodist Healthcare bariatric surgery program, our hospital offers the following weight loss procedures:
- Duodenal switch, a weight loss procedure that removes 70% of the stomach.
- Laparoscopic adjustable gastric band, commonly referred to as lap-band, is a procedure to decrease the size of the stomach by inserting an adjustable belt aruond the stomach to decrease food consumption.
- Revision surgery, a procedure if you've already had bariatric surgery and dealt with complications or did not have success from the initial surgery.
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGB), a weight loss procedure that divides the stomach in two, making the upper stomach the size of an egg.
- Sleeve gastrectomy, a weight loss procedure to reduce the size of the stomach by 80% to create a long and narrow shape.
Weight loss seminars and support group
Methodist Hospital | Metropolitan's bariatric seminars are designed to help you learn more about how you can healthily lose weight. The seminars are offered on the fourth Tuesday of every month from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Our free bariatric support group gives individuals a safe place to receive encouragement and establish resources for their weight loss journey. The support group is scheduled every second Tuesday of the month from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Excellence in bariatric surgery
At Methodist Hospital | Metropolitan, we are focused on upholding the highest standard of care with personalized treatment plans. We are proud to be designated as an American Society for Metabolic Surgery Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence® by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
Bariatric surgery at Methodist Healthcare
Bariatric surgery, also commonly referred to as weight loss surgery, is generally performed on patients struggling with obesity. There are several types of bariatric surgery, but they all aim to decrease food intake with the goal of rapid weight loss.Learn about Bariatric surgery
- Methodist Healthcare Weight Loss Center At Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital
- Methodist Healthcare Weight Loss Center At Metropolitan Methodist Hospital
- Methodist Hospital
- Methodist Hospital | Metropolitan
- Methodist Hospital | Northeast
- Methodist Hospital | Specialty and Transplant