Comprehensive labor and delivery care in San Antonio
Having a baby can be one of the most exciting and wonderful experiences in life. At Methodist Healthcare, we deliver more babies than any other hospital system in San Antonio. We have physicians specializing in obstetrics and a compassionate team of healthcare professionals committed to keeping mothers and their new babies safe and happy throughout the delivery experience.
For more information about our labor and delivery services, please call Methodist Healthcare HealthLine at (210) 575-0355.
We offer our labor and delivery services in our facilities throughout San Antonio, including:
- Methodist Hospital
- Methodist Hospital South
- Methodist Hospital | Metropolitan
- Methodist Hospital | Stone Oak
At Methodist Healthcare, we provide our patients more when it comes to choices, convenience, care and peace of mind when expecting. We offer:
- Convenient locations close to home
- Private mother/baby rooms and suites
- Remodeled Women's Pavilion at Methodist Hospital
- Prenatal care and maternity classes (Spanish-speaking classes available upon request)
- Neonatal intensive care units (NICUs)
- Direct access to Methodist Children's Hospital
- FirstSteps®, a comprehensive childbirth education program
- Call-A-Nurse for Children, a health advice line staffed by specially trained pediatric nurses
- Advanced infant security system
- Chef-prepared meals for all new moms
- Rooming-in so mom and baby can spend quality time
- Texas 10 Step-certified lactation services
- Cord blood collection and banking
- Safe, secure building with a 24/7 security station
For prenatal care and maternity classes, you can register online or call (210) 575-0355 to schedule. You can also pre-register for your delivery online to save yourself some time when you arrive at the hospital.
Neonatal intensive care unit
Sometimes after delivery, our littlest patients may need a bit more assistance. That's why we offer a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Metropolitan Methodist Hospital and a Level IV NICU at Methodist Hospital. Both NICUs offer direct access to Methodist Children's Hospital if necessary.
Birth center tours
During our Peek-A-Boo tours, we offer you an inside look of our childbirth facilities to see the personalized care, comprehensive services and comfort features designed to meet you and your family's needs.
Having a baby changes everything. To help you manage one of life's biggest adjustments, we offer postpartum care services for moms and their support partners. We help you learn proper breastfeeding techniques, screen for postpartum depression, offer counseling services and more.