Methodist Healthcare Ministries
Methodist Healthcare Ministries is a private, faith-based, not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing medical and health-related human services to low-income families and the uninsured in South Texas. These services include primary care medical and dental clinics, support services like counseling, case management and social services, family wellness and parenting programs, and church-based community nursing programs.
The Ministries is proud to partner with organizations that share this mission, and that are successfully delivering healthcare and social services to this population in their respective communities throughout South Texas. The single-overarching goal in creating these partnerships is to increase access to healthcare for those whom are least served; by strengthening other organizations' capacity to provide those services, they achieve that goal.
Since its inception, The Ministries has provided more than $283 million in healthcare services through its clinics and programs, as well as through partnerships, and has the unique distinction of being the largest private funding source for community health care to low-income families and the uninsured in South Texas.
In 2011, The Ministries announced plans to significantly boost its efforts to create greater access to care for the least served through an unprecedented $60 million in operations and services offered through charitable clinics and programs it owns and operates, as well as through grants awarded to its partners throughout South Texas. This is an increase of 23 percent from the $48 million the Ministries expended in 2010.
The $60 million includes $20 million in grants awarded to organizations in Bexar County and throughout South Texas that share the Minsitries’ mission, and $40 million in its own operations which include the Wesley Health & Wellness Center, serving San Antonio's South side; the Bishop Ernest T. Dixon Clinic, serving San Antonio's growing East side; and two School-Based Health Centers in Schertz and Marion.
Methodist Healthcare System is proud to support the following community organizations:
- American Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
- Any Baby Can
- Bexar County Medical Society Association
- Bexar County Medical Society Foundation
- CA Whittier Medical Society
- Charity Ball Association
- Cystic Fibrosis
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- March of Dimes
- Mexican American Physicians Association
- Greater Boerne Chamber of Commerce
- Hill Country Mission for Hope
- The Health Collaborative
- YMCA of Greater SA
- Respite Care of San Antonio
- San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Southwest Foundation for Biomedical Research
- Women in Law and Medicine for the Cure
- The Greater San Antonio Chamber of Commerce
- United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County
- San Antonio Area Foundation
- Temple Beth-El
- Agudus Achim
- North Chamber of Commerce
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Shared Beat
- University of Texas Institute of Texas Culture at San Antonio
- WINGS (Women Involved in Nurturing, Giving, Sharing, Inc.