- Heart Risk Assessment
- Patient Testimonials and Videos
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Early Warning Signs of Heart Attack
- Emergency Treatment of Stroke
- Caregiver Support After Stroke
- Aphasia After Stroke
- Lifestyle Change After Stroke
- Rehabilitation After Stroke
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- How Your Heart Works
- Heart Valve Surgery
- Heart Disease in Women
- Coronary Bypass Surgery
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Coronary Angioplasty
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Understanding Cholesterol
- Peripheral Arterial Bypass Surgery
- Peripheral Angioplasty
- Stroke/Brain Attack
- Stroke Prevention
- Claudication (Leg Pain)/Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD)
Methodist Healthcare brings patients advanced technology and a staff dedicated to providing outstanding emergency treatment, heart procedures, heart surgery and cardiopulmonary rehabilitation.
- South Texas Heart Valve Center
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
- Accredited Chest Pain Centers
- Mission: Lifeline Quality Achievement Award
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
- Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Program
- Patient Testimonials and Videos
Helping Make the Hearts
of San Antonio Beat
Your Preferred Choice
for Heart Care
For more than 50 years, we have strived to bring innovative heart services to men, women and children. Here are just a few examples of the many firsts we initiated in San Antonio:
- In 1981, physicians at Methodist Hospital were the first in San Antonio to use balloon angioplasty to open a blocked coronary artery.
- In 1986, San Antonio’s first transplant of a human heart valve was performed by physicians at Methodist Hospital.
- Methodist Heart Hospital, a campus of Methodist Hospital, today has the largest heart transplant program in Central and South Texas, having performed nearly 400 heart transplants and implanting more than 160 cardiac assist devices.
- Methodist Heart Hospital and Methodist Stone Oak Hospital are the only private hospitals in San Antonio with Hybrid Operating Rooms (Hybrid ORs) which can be used by surgeons to perform complex heart procedures.
- Methodist Heart Hospital was the first private hospital to introduce the Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) procedure in 2012 as a therapeutic, less invasive, treatment option for patients in their 70s, 80s and 90s who are not candidates for more invasive open heart surgery.
- Methodist Heart Hospital now offers an award winning program that features round-the-clock 24/7 in-house cardiologists. Patients entering the emergency room with chest pain are sometimes treated with a balloon angioplasty within 30 minutes of arrival. The national average is 90 minutes. The faster we treat patients, the better their chances of survival and less damage to the heart.
- In 2013, Methodist Stone Oak Hospital received the Women’s Choice award for ‘Best Hospitals for Patient Experience for Heart Care.’
HeartMatters® and StrokeMatters® Magazine:
Your Guide to Great Health
What you learn today may save your life.
HeartMatters® represents Methodist Healthcare’s commitment to your heart health. It is your guide to maintaining a healthy heart and lowering your risk of heart disease. Methodist Stone Oak Hospital and Methodist Hospital, along with its campuses at Metropolitan Methodist Hospital and Northeast Methodist Hospital, are certified as Chest Pain Centers with specially trained staff ready to diagnose and treat you or your loved ones experiencing any heart-related medical emergency. With all that we have to offer, it’s no wonder Methodist Healthcare is the most preferred provider of heart services in South Texas.
Click the image to download.