Award-winning reputation for outstanding patient care
Methodist Healthcare System is a 50-50 co-ownership between Methodist Healthcare Ministries, South Texas’ largest non-public funding source of community health care, contributing $976 million since 1995; and HCA Healthcare, the nation’s leading provider of health care services. Methodist Hospital (MH) is one of the system’s nine acute care hospitals.
Opened in 1963, Methodist Hospital has grown to be the flagship facility of Methodist Healthcare System.
- Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics.
- As the largest provider of cardiovascular services in South Texas, Methodist Hospital offers the most comprehensive care so all cardiovascular needs can be treated close to home.
- Offering the most all-inclusive care within Women’s Services, Methodist Hospital provides a modern birthing experience while able to care for the most complex and critically-ill mothers and babies.
811 Licensed Beds
32 Operating suites
Nationally Accredited - Level III - Trauma Center
Only Intraoperative MRI Suite in South Texas
Largest provider of Life-saving ECMO Program in San Antonio
Largest Robotics program in the world with 91% market share
Adult blood and Marrow Stem Cell Transplant Program is the First Fact Accredited Program - in the Nation -
Key service lines (2021)
Cardiology: 7,991 CCL, EP, CVOR procedures
Robotic Surgeries: 3,560 procedures
Surgical Oncology: 711 procedures
OB Deliveries: 6,364 deliveries
Neurosurgery: 367 procedures
Stroke Care: 3,787 interventional radiology procedures; 1,203 stroke procedures
- Median Door-To-Needle Time for Stroke Patients: 40 minutes, better than national goal of 60 minutes
- Time to Intravenous Thrombolytic Therapy within 45 minutes: 82% of the time, better than national goal of 75%
- Time to Intravenous Thrombolytic Therapy within 60 minutes: 96% of the time, better than national goal of 85%
- Dan Miller, Chief Executive Officer
- Rachel Goldsmith , Chief Operating Officer
- Diana Henderson, MD, MBA, Chief Medical Officer
- Lori Townsend, MHA, BSN, CCRN-K, Chief Nursing Officer, Methodist Hospital
- John Armour, Chief Financial Officer, Methodist Hospital and Methodist Children’s Hospital