Your Methodist Center City Hospital
Methodist Healthcare System is a 50-50 co-ownership between Methodist Healthcare Ministries, South Texas’ largest non-public funding source of community health care, contributing $976 million since 1995; and HCA Healthcare, the nation’s leading provider of health care services.
Methodist Hospital Metropolitan is one of the system’s nine acute care hospitals.
Located near downtown San Antonio, Methodist Hospital | Metropolitan is a 378-bed facility with 12 operating suites, and a dedicated building to mothers and their babies; the Suzell Waller Women’s Pavilion. We provide a complete range of health care services to the many neighborhoods and businesses that border our centralized location.
Also, our hospital has been recognized as a leader in healthcare equality for the LGBTQ+ community by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
- Surgical Center: Our surgeons use robot-assisted technology to perform general surgeries and complex procedures. Our staff is well-versed in various complex surgeries, including neurological, orthopedic and weight loss procedures.
- Cardiovascular Services: We offer a full range of cardiovascular treatments, including the latest open-heart surgery techniques. Our accredited catheterization lab features a renowned PCI/CTO program. We are an Accredited Chest Pain Center and Heart Failure Institute. We have also earned the National Distinction of Excellence from the American College of Cardiology Heart Care Center.
- Suzell Waller Women's Pavilion: Features seven antepartum beds, 16 labor and delivery suites, 35 postpartum rooms and 16 NICU beds. Dedicated entrance and OB emergency department. Our Women’s Pavilion also has been designated as a Level III NICU and Maternal Care facility.
Key service lines (2020)
- OB deliveries: 3,154
- Cardiology Procedures: 7,564
- Bariatric Surgeries: 360
- Robotic Surgeries: 688
- ER Visits: 43,160
- 2020 Survey
- Key Drivers of Excellence: Overall Quality of Care
- Patient Safety
- Patient Experience
- Nursing Care
- Greg Seiler, chief executive officer
- Suraj Maraj, MD, Chief Medical Officer
- Chadi Awad, MBA, RN, MSN, ACNP-BC, NEA-BC, chief nursing officer
- Megan Cool Amalakuhan, FACHE, chief operating officer
- Charles Braun, chief financial officer