General Texsan Info
This uniquely designed, 120-bed licensed acute care facility features:
- Full-Service Emergency Department
- Private rooms
- Four operating rooms
- Four cardiac catheterization labs
- 24-hour cardiovascular emergency department
- Rooftop helicopter pad
How we rank
- Patient Satisfaction scored in the top 10% nationally (Press Ganey)
- “A” grade in the Leapfrog Hospital patient safety grade assessment (fall 2016, spring 2017 and spring 2018)
- Ranked nationally on the Top 150 places to work by Healthcare Magazine (2016, 2017, 2018)
24/7 Emergency Care
The emergency center features:
- Level IV Trauma Emergency Center
- Expertise in treating cardiovascular emergencies
- 24-hour emergency clinic
- Cardiologists and registered nurses, who are trained in advanced cardiac life support
- Advanced treatment protocols recognizing differences in heart-related symptoms between female and male patients
- Advanced diagnostic X-ray, CT scan, laboratory and ultrasound services
- CT offers diagnostic imaging
- Board-certified emergency physicians, experienced nurses and technicians
- 24/7 orthopedic coverage for broken bones
- Direct access to complete hospital services, including surgical suites with specialized equipment for cardiac, thoracic and peripheral vascular procedures as well as nuclear medicine
- Spacious private treatment suites
- Convenient free parking
- Planned Emergency Department and Operating Room expansion scheduled for 2018/2019
Our emergency room is conveniently located in your neighborhood and can handle all your medical emergencies.
The Center for Advanced Cardiac Care
During a cardiac emergency, each minute without treatment could decrease your chances for survival. To make every second count, the emergency department at Methodist Hospital Texsan is specially designed, equipped and staffed 24/7 for heart and vascular emergencies. Our physicians, nurses, medical technicians and professional staff have developed an award-winning reputation for providing outstanding cardiovascular care in San Antonio and South Texas.
During a cardiac emergency, each minute without treatment could cause more damage to your heart and decrease your chances of survival. To make every second count, the emergency department at Methodist Hospital Texsan is specifically designed, equipped and staffed 24/7 for heart and vascular emergencies as well as other emergency situations.
Comfort in care
The comfort of patients and their families, along with advanced diagnosis, treatment and therapy, is the most important objective of Methodist Hospital Texsan. Patients in need of cardiovascular services have access to advanced technology and surgical techniques in a hospital specially designed for their treatment and recovery.
The Joint Replacement Academy
The Joint Replacement Academy is a dedicated inpatient center for elective total joint replacement surgery. This program offers the latest treatment options for knee and hip pain, bringing together a team of expert orthopedic surgeons with caring and specially trained nurses, therapists and technicians. Our goal is for our knee and hip replacement patients to return to their favorite activities as soon as possible. Within our hospital, we have created a special area just for the care of our knee and hip replacement patients. No hospital gowns for this crowd – you get to wear your own clothes! And, family members are encouraged to participate in group therapy and other activities.
Our orthopedic surgeons are specially trained in the most advanced technologies for hip and knee replacement, allowing patients to experience a quicker return to activity. Post-operatively, patients are placed in a dedicated Joint Replacement Academy wing with nurses and therapists trained in orthopedic care. Medical oversight is also a key element for the program. Daily visits by a hospitalist are aimed at keeping your recovery on track and providing patients and families a chance to ask questions regarding progress. Our teams work together to provide seamless and coordinated care.
The Joint Replacement Academy offers:
- The Latest treatment options for knee and hip pain
- A team of experienced and expert surgeons with caring and specially trained nurses, therapists and technicians working together to provide seamless and coordinated care to get knee and hip patients back to their favorite activities as soon as possible
- For more information call 210-575-0355
Inpatient rehabilitation center
Methodist Healthcare specializes in the rehabilitation and treatment of individuals who are 18 and older with conditions including:
- Brain injury
- Orthopedic injuries
- Neurologic conditions
- Movement disorders
- Other disabling medical conditions or injuries
The rehabilitation team consists of physical, occupational and speech therapists, rehabilitation nurses, case managers and physicians. In collaboration with patients and their loved ones, we work together to create a treatment plan that focuses on potential, not limitations. Upon completion of the rehabilitation program, the team will assist in making arrangements for equipment, medical care or other services that can enhance your return to independence.
We welcome you to tour our rehabilitation centers and meet our team. Please feel free to call (210) 785-5900 if you need information about our program.
The Inpatient Rehabilitation Center offers:
- Acute inpatient rehabilitation services with a patient and family-centered approach
- The hospital-based program offers you all the advantages and peace of mind that come with being in a full-service hospital that can meet your health care needs for diagnostic testing and any medical care, if needed.
- Brand new center on the 1st floor of the Heart Plaza One office building- next door to the hospital
- Currently using sleep-by-number beds; 4 in new center
- Offering Home Sleep Studies through Vital Sleep™- ‘To your home_ delivery and pick up
Methodist Hospital Texsan has a fully equipped diagnostic sleep lab where physicians work to diagnose sleep problems such as persistent, loud snoring, gasping for breath during sleep, daytime drowsiness, restless leg syndrome, depression and insomnia. If you suffer from sleep problems, talk to your doctor about a diagnostic evaluation at Methodist Hospital Texsan’s sleep lab.
The Methodist Hospital Texsan sleep center conducts a variety of diagnostic tests using the latest medical technology to assist physicians in the evaluation and treatment of patients with sleep disorders including sleep apnea, insomnia, narcolepsy and sleepwalking. Answering some simple questions can determine if you are a candidate for a sleep study.
Our goal is to restore the quality of life for those suffering from sleep disorders. If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, please contact your medical provider to see if a sleep study can help you.
- Persistent, loud snoring
- Muscle soreness or weakness
- Gasping for breath during sleep
- Daytime drowsiness
- Trouble falling asleep
- Kicking during sleep
- Memory difficulties
- Morning headaches
- Morbid obesity
- Weight gain
- Restless sleep
Screening for obstructive sleep apnea
Answer the following questions to find out if you are at risk for obstructive sleep apnea.
S (snore) have you been told that you snore?
T (tired) are you often tired during the day?
O (obstruction) do you know if you stop breathing or has anyone witnessed you stop breathing while you are asleep?
P (pressure) do you have high blood pressure or are you on medication to control high blood pressure?
If you answered yes to two or more questions on the STOP portion, you are at risk for obstructive sleep apnea. It is recommended that you contact your primary care provider to discuss a possible sleep disorder.
To find out if you are at moderate to severe risk of obstructive sleep apnea, complete the questions below.
B (BMI) is your body mass index greater than 28?
A (age) are you 50 years old or older?
N (neck) are you a male with a neck circumference greater than 17 inches, or a female with a neck circumference greater than 16 inches?
G (gender) are you a male?
The more questions you answer yes to on the BANG portion, the greater your risk of having moderate to severe obstructive sleep apnea.
Call the Methodist Hospital Texsan sleep center: (210) 575-CPAP (2727)