ER in Balcones Heights
When every second counts, you can depend on Methodist Hospital Texsan's emergency room (ER) physicians. Our facility is fully equipped to care for patients with chest pain, and we have 24/7 orthopedic coverage for broken bones. Patients in San Antonio, Texas, will find dedicated, compassionate care with the latest technology at our ER.
If you or a loved one is experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 immediately. For non-emergent questions, call Methodist Hospital Texsan at (210) 736-6700.
Our emergency care services
Our ER is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We are conveniently located in your neighborhood and equipped to handle all your medical emergencies, including cardiac care.
Our ER features:
- Level IV Trauma Emergency Center
- 24/7 orthopedic coverage for broken bones
- Spacious private treatment suites
- Easily accessible advanced diagnostic imaging:
- Computed tomography (CT) scans
- Laboratory and ultrasound services
- Board-certified emergency physicians, experienced nurses and technicians
- Direct access to complete hospital services, including surgical suites with specialized equipment for cardiac, thoracic and vascular procedures
Accredited Chest Pain Center
We have been designated by the American College of Cardiology as an Accredited Chest Pain Center. We have been recognized for our superior cardiovascular care and our streamlined processes that allow us to treat patients experiencing chest pain or other symptoms related to heart attacks when minutes matter most.
Arriving to our ER
Methodist Hospital Texsan is located off of Frontage Road. When you enter the parking lot, follow the marked signs to the rear of the building to reach our ER. We provide free parking for your convenience. Be sure to check in at the admissions desk and staff will treat you as soon as possible.
Emergency care at Methodist Healthcare
Emergency care is the treatment of emergent medical conditions. It is generally performed in an emergency room, but can also refer to treatment in an ambulance. Emergency medicine physicians may treat patients with injuries or infections, in addition to life-threatening conditions.Learn about Emergency care
- Methodist Children's Hospital
- Methodist ER Boerne
- Methodist ER Converse
- Methodist ER Westover
- Methodist Hospital
- Methodist Hospital Metropolitan
- Methodist Hospital Northeast
- Methodist Hospital South
- Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant
- Methodist Hospital Stone Oak
- Methodist Hospital Texsan
- Metropolitan Methodist Emergency Center at the Quarry