Diagnostic imaging at Methodist Hospital South
Diagnostic imaging is used to create detailed pictures of the structures and functions of the body's organs and other internal structures. At Methodist Hospital South, we strive to offer preventive care and early detection for certain conditions with the help of the latest imaging technology.
To learn more about imaging services at Methodist Hospital South, please call (830) 769-3515.
Annually, we perform thousands of diagnostic procedures. Our skilled team provides convenient diagnostic services close to home. Our experienced physicians interpret results of exams and promptly communicate with your doctor so you get results as quickly as possible.
Our diagnostic imaging services
Our team of sonographers, radiology assistants and registered radiologic technologists provide the following diagnostic imaging services:
- Computed tomography (CT) scan
- Dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) scan
- Stereotactic breast biopsy
- Digital fluoroscopy
- Intraoperative surgery
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Nuclear medicine
- Small parts and vascular ultrasound exam
We believe modern technology is an invaluable tool for providing a high standard of medical care. We incorporate modern equipment into our patient care, offering:
- A 16-slice CT scanner
- Dual-head, single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) scanner
- 1.5 Tesla (the measurement of magnetic strength) MRI magnet
- Computed radiography (CR) technology
- 100 percent conversion to digital imaging and film-less X-rays
For critical patients, we have a portable X-ray unit to increase the efficiency of bedside exams.
Visiting our imaging center
Methodist Hospital South is located off of state Highway 97. There is free parking available for patients and visitors in the lot outside the hospital. Patients can enter through the main hospital entrance and follow marked signs, or ask the staff at the front desk for directions to the radiology department.
Appointments can be coordinated between the radiology department and your referring physician, but patients can also schedule their own appointments or get more information by calling our imaging center directly at (830) 769-5258.
Imaging services at Methodist Healthcare
Imaging services refers to the performance of imaging exams for better visualization and treatment of medical conditions. Different exams allow radiologists and physicians to view structures and activity within the body. Imaging exams are vital for diagnosis and there are a wide range of tests that can be performed.Learn about Imaging services
- Boutique Mammography Center Northeast
- Boutique Mammography Center Stone Oak
- Methodist Children's Hospital
- Methodist Hospital
- Methodist Hospital Metropolitan
- Methodist Hospital Northeast
- Methodist Hospital South
- Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant
- Methodist Hospital Stone Oak
- Methodist Hospital Texsan