Physical therapy and rehabilitation at Methodist Hospital Atascosa
If you’re recovering from illness, dealing with the lingering effects of an injury, or getting back to normal after surgery, going to rehabilitation regularly is one of the best things you can do for yourself. But who has time to drive hours each week to and from your therapy appointments? At Methodist Hospital | Atascosa, you don’t have to choose between the comprehensive rehabilitation services you need and a convenient location that fits into your life. We’re one of the only places in South Texas that offers comprehensive rehabilitation – physical, occupational, and speech therapy – for every age, from infants to older adults. We’re proud to offer individual treatment appointments with one-on-one attention and excellent patient satisfaction ratings.
To learn more about physical therapy and rehabilitation at Methodist Hospital Atascosa, please call (830) 769-5921.
Types of rehabilitation therapy
The Rehabilitation Center at Methodist Hospital Atascosa offers adult and pediatric rehabilitation therapies. Our services are provided on an outpatient and inpatient basis. We also work closely with South Texas Orthopedics and other medical practices to build individualized treatment plans for patients who have undergone a total joint replacement, sports injury or other orthopedic surgery. Our facility is home to a team of clinical professionals who provide the following core services for physical therapy and rehabilitation:
- Adult and pediatric occupational therapy (OT)—We focus on improving activities of daily living. Our therapists may assist patients with bathing, dressing, grooming, hygiene and eating skills. Each patient is assessed individually and goals are established for discharge.
- Adult and pediatric physical therapy (PT)—Physical therapy consists of work to improve mobility, strength, movement, development and pain issues. Our therapists develop individualized programs to improve endurance, agility, strength, balance and coordination.
- Adult and pediatric speech therapy (ST)—We emphasize tasks that improve communication skills, cognitive thinking abilities and swallowing dysfunctions. Speech therapists assess, diagnose, treat and help to prevent disorders related to speech, language, cognitive-communication, voice, swallowing and fluency.
Common adult conditions we treat:
- Back pain
- Chronic pain
- Foot injuries
- Hip pain
- Knee pain
- Neck pain
- Neurological disorders
- Shoulder pain
- Sports injuries
- Stroke recovery
Common pediatric conditions we treat:
- Articulation disorder
- Brachial plexus injury
- Cerebral palsy
- Childhood apraxia
- Developmental delay
- Down syndrome
- Fine motor delays
- Genetic disorders
- Gross motor delays
- Muscular dystrophy
- Speech language delays
- Spina bifida
- Swallowing and feeding disorders
- Traumatic brain injury
What is a rehabilitation center?
Our Rehabilitation Center operates a fully equipped therapy gym with advanced exercise equipment and stations that emulate everyday activities. Our team of specialists, with compassionate guidance, help each patient return to his or her highest level of function after injury or disability. Rehabilitation sessions usually last about 45 minutes. Some of the exercises we perform include:
- Therapy for back/neck, shoulder, hand, hip, knee, foot and sports injuries
- Training to learn how to move with prosthetics and orthotics
- Programs for chronic pain, stroke, neurological disorders and balance problems
- Help with speech dysfunction and swallowing disorders, like dysphagia
- VitalStim® therapy with a certified speech therapist (strengthening swallowing muscles through electrical stimulation)
- Lymphedema therapy (exercises to encourage fluid drainage in arms and legs to alleviate swelling caused by other conditions)
- Worker's compensation injuries, work conditioning and functional capacity evaluations
Pediatric rehabilitation gym
Our Rehabilitation Center also houses a pediatric gym, which is fully equipped with all kinds of equipment and tools to meet your child’s needs. We offer all of the same types of therapy and exercises for children as we do for adults. We use a team approach for pediatric rehabilitation, providing focused multidisciplinary care between physical, occupational and speech therapists.
Arriving for physical therapy and rehab services
Our center is located in the Methodist Medical Plaza Atascosa next to Methodist Hospital Atascosa. Our address is:
1907 Hwy 97 East, Suite 140
Jourdanton, TX 78026
When you arrive, there is free parking for your convenience. We are in suite 140 and are open Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm with some flexibility for later appointments if available.
Appointments can be scheduled between the center and the patient after a physician provides a referral with doctor's orders. Be sure to check with your insurance provider if a referral is required before receiving care.
Physical therapy and rehabilitation at Methodist Healthcare
Rehabilitation refers to the process of helping a patient recover from a serious injury or illness. Patients often have to regain strength and learn new ways of completing normal, daily activities. Physical therapy, a branch of rehabilitation, focuses on building strength and mobility after disease, injury or surgery.Learn about Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Methodist Children's Hospital
- Methodist Hospital
- Methodist Hospital Atascosa
- Methodist Hospital Metropolitan
- Methodist Hospital Northeast
- Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant
- Methodist Hospital Stone Oak
- Methodist Hospital Stone Oak Rehabilitation Center
- Methodist Hospital Texsan