Methodist ER Helotes,
Coming late October, 2021. Methodist Hospital is expanding its emergency department with quality care, close to home.
Coming late October, 2021 — emergency care in Helotes, Texas
Methodist Hospital is expanding its emergency department with a new location: Methodist ER Helotes. This freestanding emergency room, opening late October, 2021, will be conveniently located off of Bandera Road and Cedar Trail. (You’ll find us just across the street from Sonic Drive-In).
Open 24/7 to provide emergency medical care, Methodist ER Helotes will be equipped to serve both adults and children. Our emergency services team is also fully trained to handle a variety of conditions. If you or a loved one requires more specialized care, this location will be able to transfer you to either Methodist Hospital or Methodist Children’s Hospital at no extra cost.
If you or a loved one are experiencing a medical emergency, dial 911.
Future location of Methodist Helotes ER
Conveniently located off of Bandera Road and Cedar Trail, our freestanding emergency room will offer free parking right outside the front door. You will be able to come in the main entrance and check in with our front desk staff. The whole time, our team will be there to guide you through the process quickly so you can get back to feeling your best as soon as possible.
Future capabilities of Methodist Helotes ER
As an extension of the emergency room at Methodist Hospital, our ER will feature:
- Full-service laboratory and imaging that includes 64-slice CT scanner, dedicated X-ray suite, ultrasound and telemetry equipment
- Immediate intervention for serious emergencies where treatment time is critical with quick transfer capabilities to any Methodist Healthcare facility
- 24-hour monitoring and testing of patients, such as those who have chest pain
- Use of a picture archiving communications system (PACS) to allow staff to electronically transmit any diagnostic image from the Methodist ER Helotes to any Methodist-credentialed physician’s office or specialist as well as to any of our sister-hospitals’ emergency rooms for seamless follow-up care
As an extension of the emergency room at Methodist Children’s Hospital, our ER will offer a variety of capabilities specifically designed for children, including:
- Nursing staff and physicians specially trained and certified in pediatric advance life support (PALS) and pediatric care guidelines following the high-quality standards of our Methodist Children’s Hospital
- This ER has all of the equipment needed to treat pediatric patients
- The ER has a designed pediatric exam room to create a welcoming environment for young patients
- This Methodist facility has direct access to consult with pediatric specialists at Methodist Children’s Hospital, and if necessary, coordinate seamless patient transfers to the hospital with a specially trained pediatric team
Conditions treated at our freestanding ER
Our emergency services team is fully trained to handle a variety of adult and pediatric conditions.
- Dangerous or toxic ingestion
- Difficulty speaking or slurred speech
- Body numbness, tingling or weakness
- Breathing troubles
- Broken bones
- Serious head injury
- 3 months old and younger: any temperature greater than 100.4°F
- 3 to 6 months old: oral temperature greater than 102°F
- 6 to 24 months old: oral temperature greater 102°F lasting more than one day
- 2 to 17 years old: oral temperature greater than 102°F and one or more of these factors: seems unusually irritable, lethargic and uncomfortable; lasts longer than three days and doesn't respond to medication
To stay informed of opening dates and events, sign up for updates below:
The form was successfully sent.
There was an error with the form submission.