Gift donations to Methodist Children's Hospital
Thank you for your interest in donating toys and other needed items to Methodist Children’s Hospital! We try our best to help our patients and families feel as welcome and comfortable as they would at home. We really rely on donations of new toys, books, stuffed animals, craft materials, and other items throughout the year, not just at the holidays.
These donations are used to comfort and entertain a child during the hospital experience. Donations also make it possible for patients to select a gift following the completion of a procedure or to celebrate a significant event such as a birthday, holiday, or the end of treatment.
You can also use our Art Supplies Wish List to help assist you in selecting other items to donate.
Due to privacy and infection control, we cannot allow personal delivery of donations directly to patients. Our Child Life Specialists will ensure your donation will be put to good use. Please contact our Child Life Department at (210) 575-7399 to schedule a donation drop off, Monday through Friday between 9:00am and 4:30pm.
If you are interested in hosting a toy drive to collect items to donate, please contact our Child Life Department.
Special event requests
Thank you for your interest in providing a special event for the patients at Methodist Children's Hospital! These programs help normalize the hospital environment for patients and their families by reducing stress and helping them have fun. Events can be scheduled Monday through Friday between 10:00am and 4:00pm. Night and weekend events can be arranged at the discretion of the Child Life Department.
- Child-friendly costumed characters (princesses, superheroes, cartoons, Disney)
- Performers (magicians, musical groups, theatrical, dance)
- Sports teams
- Participants must be at least 18 years old, have current vaccinations, and be free of illness (fever, sore throat, cough, cold, etc).
- Group sizes are limited to 5 or less.
- All visitors must be dressed appropriately: No open-toed shoes, tight fitting clothing, tank tops, short shorts or skirts. Please be mindful that you are at a Children’s hospital.
- Absolutely no photos are permitted.
- If you arrive to the hospital earlier than your scheduled time, please remain at the designated meeting spot until a child life staff member meets you.