Methodist Hospital South’s rehabilitation services are designed to help patients through the process of recovering from injury or illness. Our goal is to help people regain their independence and improve their lives.
Located in the South Texas Medical Plaza on the campus of Methodist Hospital South, our beautiful new facility is home to a team of clinical professionals who provide the following core services:
- Adult and Pediatric Occupational Therapy – Focusing on improving activities of daily living. The areas that the therapist may assist patients with include bathing, dressing, grooming, hygiene and eating skills. Each patient is assessed individually and goals are established for discharge.
- Adult and Pediatric Physical Therapy – Focusing on mobility, strength, movement, development and pain issues. Our therapists develop individualized programs to improve endurance, agility, strength, balance and coordination.
- Adult and Pediatric Speech Therapy – Emphasizes tasks that improve communication skills, cognitive thinking abilities and swallowing dysfunctions. Speech therapists assess, diagnose, treat and help to prevent disorders related to speech, language, cognitive-communication, voice, swallowing and fluency.
Our pediatric gym is fully equipped with all kinds of equipment and tools to meet your child’s needs.
Additional services offered include:
- Pediatric therapy for all 3 disciplines with a team approach
- Help with speech dysfunction and swallowing disorders
- Vital stim certified speech therapist
- Programs for chronic pain, stroke, neurological disorders and balance problems
- Therapy for back/neck, shoulder, hand, hip, knee, foot and sports injuries
- Training for prosthetics and orthotics
- Manual therapy, Traction (lumbar and cervical), modalities
- Worker's compensation injuries, work conditioning and functional capacity evaluations
Our Rehabilitation Center operates a fully equipped therapy gym and provides convenient outpatient rehabilitation services that help patients return to their highest levels of function after injury or disability. Our team of therapy professionals works closely with the physicians at South Texas Orthopedics and other medical practices to build treatment plans specific to each patient who have undergone a total joint replacement, sports injury or other orthopedic surgery.
At Methodist Hospital South we also work as part of the team at the hospital providing, PT, OT and ST to acute care patients as ordered, as well as swing bed patients.
For more information, please contact our Joint Commission accredited rehabilitation facility at 830-769-5921.