We are proud to deliver expert pediatric gastroenterology care to infants, children and adolescents in San Antonio. Whether your child has an acute or chronic gastrointestinal (GI) health issue, our physicians are here to offer comprehensive and compassionate care. In addition, our GI lab is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide GI tests and procedures for scheduled procedures as well as life's emergencies.
To learn more about the gastrointestinal services we offer at Methodist Children's Hospital, please call (210) 575-7203.
Digestive health specialists in San Antonio
We are committed to providing the very best in pediatric care for a wide range of gastrointestinal conditions. Our expert gastroenterology physicians and staff treat, manage and diagnose conditions, such as:
- Celiac disease
- Chronic diarrhea/malabsorption syndromes
- Feeding problems and swallowing disorders
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Food allergies
- Chronic abdominal pain
- Short bowel syndrome
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Eosinophilic esophagitis
- Polyp syndromes
- Failure to thrive
To schedule an appointment with one of our pediatric gastroenterologists, please call (210) 575-6240.
Pediatric gastroenterology services we offer
Whether you need outpatient, inpatient or emergency gastroenterology care, our GI clinic is open around the clock to provide comprehensive diagnostic tests and treatments.
We perform a number of GI procedures for babies, children and adolescents, including:
- Endoscopy and capsule endoscopy
- Capsule endoscopy
- Therapeutic endoscopy: foreign object removal, control of variceal bleeding (sclerotherapy, banding), esophageal dilatation, polypectomy
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Intestinal motility
- Impedance testing
- Percutaneous liver biopsy
- Rectal suction biopsy
Getting to our GI lab
Your child's gastroenterologist will often request testing at our GI lab. Our GI lab is located on the second floor of Methodist Hospital. We suggest parking in Garage 2 or Garage 3.
Gastroenterology at Methodist Healthcare
Gastroenterology is the field of medicine relating to the treatment of the gastrointestinal tract. Gastroenterologists focus on the treatment of diseases of the digestive system, this includes a range of organs starting at the mouth and ending at the rectum.Learn about Gastroenterology
- Methodist Children's Hospital
- Methodist Hospital
- Methodist Hospital South
- Methodist Hospital | Ambulatory Surgery
- Methodist Hospital | Metropolitan
- Methodist Hospital | Northeast
- Methodist Hospital | Specialty and Transplant
- Methodist Hospital | Stone Oak
- Methodist Hospital | Texsan