At Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, we are nationally known for providing patients in San Antonio with successful liver transplant surgeries. Our Liver Disease and Transplant Clinic also provides treatment options, such as chemoembolization and radiofrequency ablation.
Whether you need liver transplant surgery or liver failure management, our team is here to offer you the highest level of care.
To learn more about our liver transplant services, please call (210) 575-8752
Liver conditions we treat
Our goal is to implement all other medical therapies before liver transplant surgery. At our Liver Disease and Transplant Clinic, we provide comprehensive treatment options and educational resources for our patients. We treat patients who develop liver failure because of the following conditions:
- Liver cancer
- Alcohol and/or drug abuse
- Primary biliary cirrhosis
- Sclerosing cholangitis
- Hepatitis B virus
- Hepatitis C virus
Liver transplant surgery
To undergo liver transplant surgery, we must first have a referral from your physician. Once we receive the initial referral and your medical records, we will verify your transplant insurance benefits with your insurance company.
Next, we will schedule a half-day appointment where you will meet with our transplant team. We will administer medical, psychosocial and diagnostic tests. After this initial appointment, our team will determine if you are a good candidate for liver transplant surgery.
Liver Disease and Transplant Clinic location
We are located right behind the main Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant building at:
8201 Ewing Halsell Dr.
San Antonio, Texas 78229
Methodist Hospital | Specialty and Transplant
- 95% Patient survival rate after one year.
- 5 Transplant Outreach Clinics in Texas. Austin, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Laredo and McAllen.
- 700+ Liver transplants since 2001.
- 95.61% Patient survival rate at three years. Best in the nation.
- 3 Surgeons. 3 Hepatologists
- Main transplant clinic in San Antonio
- Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant
- Methodist Transplant Institute Austin Patient Care Center
- Methodist Transplant Institute Corpus Christi Patient Care Center
- Methodist Transplant Institute El Paso Patient Care Center
- Methodist Transplant Institute Kidney and Pancreas Patient Care Center
- Methodist Transplant Institute Laredo Patient Care Center
- Methodist Transplant Institute Liver Patient Care Center
- Methodist Transplant Institute McAllen Patient Care Center