Pediatric orthopedic surgery at Methodist Children's Hospital
For over 20 years, we have provided children in the San Antonio area with comprehensive care for conditions affecting the spine and thorax. In addition, our expert surgical team performs a wide range of pediatric orthopedic procedures, including hip osteotomies and spinal surgery.
To learn more about the pediatric orthopedic services we offer, please call (210) 575-0355.
Methodist Children's Hospital Spinal and Thoracic Center
Our specialists at Texas Spinal and Thoracic Institute treat patients from birth to 18 years old who have a wide range of spine- and thorax-related conditions. We use the latest technology and therapies to treat conditions such as:
- Congenital and developmental forms of scoliosis, lordosis and kyphosis
- Neuromuscular and syndromic conditions and the spinal disorders associated with them
- Thoracic insufficiency caused by spinal and thoracic conditions
- Spinal and thoracic diagnoses secondary to other medical conditions, including neck and back pain
Pediatric orthopedic treatments
Since many disorders require case-specific approaches, we provide both surgical and non-surgical interventions for each patient based on his or her specific needs.
- Prosthetic titanium rib—Improves thoracic function in multiple conditions
- Magnetic expansion control rods—Assists patients who require less intervention to “grow the spine"
- Shilla—Works as a growth guidance system for early-onset scoliosis
- Spinal fusion—Arrests progressive curvature of the spine
- Halo gravity traction—Reduces spinal curvature in children with severe idiopathic or congenital scoliosis
- Serial casting—Treats moderate or progressive infantile or juvenile scoliosis
- Bracing—Treats curvatures that are high on the spine with either unconcealed or concealed external fitted braces
Arriving for a pediatric orthopedic appointment
The Texas Spinal and Thoracic Institute is located across the street from Methodist Children's Hospital at:
4499 Medical Drive, Suite 222
San Antonio, Texas 78229
Please call (210) 575-7737 to schedule an appointment with the Texas Spinal and Thoracic Institute.
Arriving for pediatric orthopedic surgery
Our pediatric surgery department is located on the second floor of the children's tower. If you are visiting our surgical unit, we recommend parking in Garage 2 or using our valet parking service.
Orthopedic care at Methodist Healthcare
Orthopedic doctors, called orthopedists, take care of your bones and joints. This includes knee pain, total joint replacement, issues that impact your spine and more. You might need to see an orthopedist if you have arthritis or osteoporosis, or if you've had a recent sprain, strain or broken bone.Learn about Orthopedic care
- Methodist Children's Hospital
- Methodist Hospital
- Methodist Hospital Metropolitan
- Methodist Hospital Northeast
- Methodist Hospital South
- Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant
- Methodist Hospital Stone Oak
- Methodist Hospital Texsan