About Methodist Children’s Heart Institute
The Methodist Children’s Heart Institute at Methodist Children's Hospital in San Antonio features a multidisciplinary team of experienced, board-certified pediatric cardiologists and cardiovascular surgeons who are dedicated to complex congenital cardiac and thoracic diseases, from prenatal diagnosis through adulthood. Methodist Children’s Heart Institute specializes in fetal, newborn and pediatric cardiac care.
Neonatal Critical Care
The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is San Antonio's largest neonatal intensive care unit. Our in-house, board-certified neonatologists and advanced nurse practitioners provide care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Neonatal Intensive Care Department has the tools and expertise to treat children who have the most complex medical conditions.
Pediatric Critical Care
Methodist Children’s Hospital is home to San Antonio’s largest Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). Here, we offer the best in expert care and the latest technology to heal some of the most critically ill children. Our PICU provides in-house coverage and care 24 hours a day, seven days a week through specially-trained nurses and physicians.
The Pediatric Surgical and Intermediate Care Units (PIMC) have cardiac monitoring capabilities available for patients who are either too sick for a general nursing unit or patients who require continuous cardiac and pulse oximetry monitoring.
Methodist Children’s Heart Institute Team
- Board-certified physicians
- Cardiothoracic surgeon dedicated full-time to congenital heart care
- Pediatric cardiologists with specialty interests that include echocardiology, fetal diagnosis, interventional procedures, electrophysiology, outreach and education
- cardiac trained, board-certified pediatric intensivists
- Board-certified neonatologists and perinatologists
- Dedicated pediatric perfusionists
- Pediatric cardiac care coordinator
- Cardiovascular intensive care nursing staff
- Respiratory therapists, nutritionists and social services
- Child Life Specialists
- Neonatal and Pediatric Transport Team