Breast health can be a daunting subject to think about, but you don’t have to do it alone. The Methodist Hospital Hill Country Breast Center is here for you. We are located in the Brune Building at 808 Reuben Street | Fredericksburg, Tx 78624
Breast imaging services in Fredericksburg, TX
Self-checks and regular screenings are essential to catching cancer early. It can be an uneasy topic to discuss, but Methodist Hospital Hill Country is here to guide you with expert care, cutting-edge imaging technology for higher detection rates and comforting, personalized treatment.
The Breast Center’s digital mammography service is part of an innovative, multidisciplinary breast program that includes:
- Breast MRI – a noninvasive procedure producing 2D and 3D images
- Ultrasound – a breast-specific imaging process using sound waves to create an image without radiation
- Sentinel node biopsy – a surgical procedure that can determine if a breast tumor has spread
- A group of surgeons, pathologists, radiologists, oncologists and specialized technologists who review every breast biopsy done at our facility
- An innovative tumor marking procedure that reduces potential surgery error to nearly zero
Methodist Hospital Hill Country, your ally in breast health, now offers the latest digital mammography technology to combat breast cancer. With 3D mammography, we capture images of the breast from various angles, resulting in clearer and highly accurate pictures. Compared to traditional 2D mammograms, our advanced 3D technology allows radiologists to detect smaller cancers with greater detail, reducing the need for repeat scans and increasing the chances of early cancer detection.
Benefits of 3D mammography include:
- Fewer repeat scans (15 to 40 percent less) for additional testing, which reduces patient anxiety and costs
- Improved imaging for dense breast tissue decreases the need for additional diagnostic imaging
- A 40 percent increase in detection of invasive breast cancers
- A 27 percent increase in detection of all breast cancers
Mammogram screening age
The breast health experts at Methodist Hospital Hill Country are dedicated to protecting you and your loved ones from breast cancers and tumors. That is why we screen on a frequent basis and teach our patients how to perform self-exams, because early detection can make all the difference. If you or a loved one meets the following mammogram guidelines below, it might be time to schedule a mammogram.
Who should get a mammogram
There is a range of criteria that qualifies you for a mammogram, such as:
- If you are 40 years old and older, it is a must. Physician referral for annual screening exam not required unless you are symptomatic.
- If you are older than 40 years old and have symptoms or have a family history of breast cancer, see your doctor for a referral.
- If you are 60 years old and older, keep getting your annual mammograms. Age is the second greatest risk factor for getting breast cancer.
- Annual well woman check-ups including a physical exam by your doctor and monthly breast self-exams are your best tools for preventing breast cancer.
To schedule a mammogram today, please call (830) 990-6181 or fax forms to (830) 990-6106.
Breast center amenities
Our breast center has been designed with a patient-first approach to ensure we make you feel as comfortable as possible during your next appointment.
Some of our amenities include:
- Screening results ready within six business hours*
- 5-star patient ratings and reviews
- Spa-like robes and with complimentary toiletries
- Comfort pads upon request
- More than 45 years combined mammography experience with an all-female staff
- Most insurance plans accepted
*based on patient volume
Breast health at Methodist Healthcare
From regular checkups and screenings to the latest imaging technologies and treatments, you can access all our expert breast care services at our convenient location.Learn about Breast health