Pediatric cardiology at Methodist Children's Hospital
Methodist Children's Hospital offers a multidisciplinary team of pediatric cardiologists and cardiovascular surgeons with three cardiac catheterization suites and two electrophysiology labs. Our compassionate and highly skilled staff in San Antonio is here for you and your child, from prenatal cardiac care to pediatric respiratory therapy and beyond.
To learn more about the full range of cardiology services we provide, please call (210) 575-0355.
Pediatric heart specialists in San Antonio
We are proud to offer leading-edge resources to ensure that your child receives the best pediatric cardiac care possible. Some of the services we offer at Methodist Children's Hospital include:
- Cardiothoracic surgeon dedicated full-time to congenital heart care
- Pediatric cardiologists specialized in echocardiology, fetal diagnosis, interventional procedures, electrophysiology, outreach and education
- Cardiac-trained pediatric intensivists
- Board-certified neonatologists and perinatologists
- Dedicated pediatric perfusionists
- Pediatric cardiac care coordinator
- Cardiovascular intensive care nursing staff
- Respiratory therapists, nutritionists and social services
- Child life specialists
- Neonatal and pediatric transport team
Pediatric critical care
Methodist Children’s Hospital is home to San Antonio’s largest pediatric intensive care unit (PICU). Our PICU offers the best in expert care and the latest technology to heal some of the most critically ill children. We provide in-house coverage and care 24 hours a day, seven days a week through specially trained nurses and physicians.
The pediatric surgical and intermediate care units (PIMC) have cardiac monitoring capabilities available for patients who are either too sick for a general nursing unit or patients who require continuous cardiac and pulse oximetry monitoring.
Neonatal critical care
The neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) is San Antonio's largest neonatal intensive care unit. Our in-house neonatologists and advanced nurse practitioners provide care 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The NICU team has the tools and expertise to treat children with complex heart conditions.
Cardiology at Methodist Healthcare
Cardiology is the medical treatment of the heart and parts of the circulatory system as they relate to the heart. Cardiologists specialize in diagnosing and treating conditions related to the cardiovascular system.Learn about Cardiology
- Adult Congenital Heart - Corpus Christi Satellite Clinic
- Methodist Children's Hospital
- Methodist Heart Hospital
- Methodist Hospital
- Methodist Hospital Ambulatory Surgery
- Methodist Hospital Metropolitan
- Methodist Hospital Northeast
- Methodist Hospital South
- Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant
- Methodist Hospital Stone Oak
- Methodist Hospital Texsan
- South Texas Heart Valve Center