Cardiology at Methodist Hospital Hill Country
We don't just work to save your heart at Methodist Hospital Hill Country. We help you save your life.
Cardiac care in Fredericksburg, TX
The cardiologists at Methodist Hospital Hill Country are experienced in helping patients suffering from heart problems such as:
- Chest pain
- Congenital heart defects
- Heart disease
- Heart failure
- Vascular disease
Comprehensive cardiac care
Through our partnership with Austin Heart, our cardiology team is equipped with the latest innovations and state-of-the-art equipment to pinpoint accurate diagnoses and create robust and effective treatment plans. To help our patients, we solve problems with a broad range of treatment options tailored to each individual.
We work with our patients and their families to pair effective treatment options with lifestyle modification recommendations, medication and procedures as necessary. If surgery is needed, we work with Austin Heart cardiac surgeons to ensure the best possible results from surgery.
Interventional cardiology is the diagnosis and treatment of coronary artery and vascular disease, heart disease, and congenital heart defects, using imaging and catheter-based techniques. When indicated, these procedures are less invasive, offer quicker recovery times, and do not require traditional open-heart surgeries.
Our vascular interventional services and treatment include:
- Endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR)
- Interventional radiology
- Transcarotid artery revascularization (TCAR)
- Vascular angiography
Cardiac and pulmonary rehab
The Methodist Hospital | Hill Country Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation program supports patients with physical strength and education to manage the disease process. Our cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation team will partner directly with your physician to help you lead a more productive and satisfying life.
We have three medically supervised programs available to help you achieve a more active lifestyle, recover from a cardiac event, improve your quality of life if diagnosed with chronic lung disease, or improve mobility and discomfort if diagnosed with peripheral artery disease
Cardiac rehabilitation program
- Heart attack
- CABG (Heart bypass surgery)
- Valve surgery (repair or replacement)
- Heart failure
- Heart transplant
- Angina pectoris
Pulmonary rehabilitation program
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) (a PFT is necessary)
- Chronic bronchitis
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Post COVID condition
- Pulmonary embolism
- Other lung issues
Supervised exercise therapy for peripheral artery disease
- Circulation issues in extremities
Services are often covered by insurance and are provided at Methodist Hospital |Hill Country Outpatient Rehabilitation Center at 1020 S State Hwy 16. An order from your doctor is required to enroll in the program.
To learn more, call (830) 997-1358. Fax: (830) 990-1864.
Cardiology at Methodist Healthcare
Cardiology is the medical treatment of the heart and parts of the circulatory system as they relate to the heart. Cardiologists specialize in diagnosing and treating conditions related to the cardiovascular system.Learn about Cardiology
- Methodist Children's Hospital
- Methodist Heart and Lung Institute Adult Congenital Heart Center
- Methodist Heart and Lung Institute Aortic Center
- Methodist Heart and Lung Institute Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Center
- Methodist Heart and Lung Institute Heart Valve Center
- Methodist Heart and Lung Institute Lung Center
- Methodist Heart and Lung Institute Vascular Center
- Methodist Hospital
- Methodist Hospital Atascosa
- Methodist Hospital Hill Country
- Methodist Hospital Metropolitan
- Methodist Hospital Northeast
- Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant
- Methodist Hospital Stone Oak
- Methodist Hospital Texsan