Gastroenterology at Methodist Hospital Hill Country
Methodist Hospital Hill Country's team of experienced gastroenterologists are well versed evaluating, diagnosing and treating digestive diseases.
Digestive care in Fredericksburg, TX
Our digestive internist experts treat all digestive tract (GI) issues, including esophageal, stomach, intestine, colon, liver, gallbladder, and pancreas problems.
Common services and treatments we provide include:
- Colon surgery
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD)
- Gastrointestinal surgery
- Liver biopsies
Sometimes the only treatment for your gastrointestinal condition is surgery. If you require surgery, a gastroenterologist will work with a surgeon to help you get the most appropriate and effective surgery possible.
The experts at Methodist Hospital Hill Country also conduct EGDs, which is an examination of the upper GI tract from the esophagus to the first part of the small intestine using a fiber optic instrument. We sedate EGD patients so that they remain calm and relaxed during the exam.
You may need to schedule an EGD if you're experiencing one or more of the following symptoms:
- Black or tarry stools
- Difficulty swallowing
- Pain in the upper abdomen
- Persistent heartburn
Our gastroenterologists specialize in performing colonoscopies. Through a brief examination, we can detect colon cancer, which has a high chance of successful treatment if caught early. As a precautionary measure, we advise all patients aged 45 and above to have their colons regularly examined.
Renew – Enhanced Recovery for Colon Surgery
Total Colon Care from renowned colon surgeons. From transparent pre-operative education to a seamless procedure and remarkable recovery, Renew is like no other. Our proprietary program was designed from the ground up to provide the least invasive and most manageable process possible. Our seasoned colon surgeons utilize effective pain management, advanced technology and a refined process to offer the best possible experience for our patients.
Our Renew Promise:
- Pre-operative patient education
- Minimally invasive and pharmacologic advancements
- Optimal pain management
- Dedicated nurses trained to work with colon surgery patients
- Nurse navigator-care oversight and patient advocate
- Private patient rooms
- Emphasis on a speedy return to normal eating and physical activity
- A caring, compassionate team focused on you
Gastroenterology at Methodist Healthcare
Gastroenterology is the field of medicine relating to the treatment of the gastrointestinal tract. Gastroenterologists focus on the treatment of diseases of the digestive system, this includes a range of organs starting at the mouth and ending at the rectum.Learn about Gastroenterology
- Methodist Children's Hospital
- Methodist Hospital
- Methodist Hospital Atascosa
- Methodist Hospital Hill Country
- Methodist Hospital Metropolitan
- Methodist Hospital Northeast
- Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant
- Methodist Hospital Stone Oak