At Methodist Hospital Stone Oak, you can depend on our highly experienced gastroenterology team to provide you exceptional care for all of your digestive needs. Our comprehensive and complex gastrointestinal (GI) program is equipped to treat a wide range of conditions from heartburn to benign and malignant tumors.
Our experienced gastroenterologists work as a team, advancing our GI and pancreatic services by offering the latest treatment options and investing in cutting-edge technology. We focus on minimally invasive alternatives to invasive surgical treatments. For example, we are able to use minimally invasive endoscopic techniques to treat diseases such as pancreatic necrosis, improving outcomes and success rates for our patients.
The gastrointestinal team at Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is here to provide you the comprehensive, high-quality care you deserve in a safe and comforting environment.
To learn more about our services or to find a specialist today, call 210-575-0355.
Digestive health conditions we treat
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak offers a full spectrum of digestive health services that diagnose and treat the following conditions:
- Chronic diarrhea
- Crohn's disease
- Esophageal conditions, such as Barrett's esophagus
- Gallstones and related conditions
- Gastrointestinal cancers and tumors
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Large colon polyps
- Neuroendocrine tumors (NETs)
- Pancreatic cancers and tumors
- Postsurgical complications, such as leaks and fistulas
- Swallowing problems, such as achalasia
- Ulcerative colitis
We are proud to offer innovative and advanced gastrointestinal treatments, including:
- Upper endoscopy
- Stent placement
- Radiofrequency ablation (RFA) for Barrett's esophagus
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic ultrasound for diagnoses of benign and malignant tumors, as well as management of gallbladder infections, bile duct and pancreatic cancers
- Therapeutic endoscopic ultrasound for pancreatitis management
- Endoscopic suturing
- Endoluminal vacuum therapy
- Diagnostic endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) for pain control in patients with gastrointestinal cancer and chronic pancreatitis
Visiting Methodist Hospital Stone Oak
For gastroenterology appointments at Methodist Hospital Stone Oak, you can arrive through our main entrance, which faces East Sonterra Boulevard and follow the signs to your destination. If you have any questions, visit our information desk just inside the main entrance.
Gastroenterology at Methodist Healthcare
Gastroenterology is the field of medicine relating to the treatment of the gastrointestinal tract. Gastroenterologists focus on the treatment of diseases of the digestive system, this includes a range of organs starting at the mouth and ending at the rectum.Learn about Gastroenterology