Regular gynecologic care is essential for every woman’s good health. At Methodist Hospital Northeast in Live Oak, board-certified physicians offer a full range of gynecology services for women in all stages of life. Through relationships built on trust and confidence, they work to keep you well and to address all your reproductive health concerns.
Whether you’re looking for someone to provide routine well-woman visits or need surgery, you can rely on our team’s expertise and experience. From adolescence through your childbearing years to menopause and beyond, you’ll receive personalized care focused on your unique health needs.
For information about how to schedule an appointment with a gynecologist, please call us at (210) 575-0355
Gynecologic conditions we treat
Gynecologists at Methodist Hospital Northeast diagnose and treat many gynecology problems and women’s health issues. From your first gynecology visit to ongoing care and follow-up, we’ll be at your side.
Conditions we treat include:
- Abnormal Pap smears
- Abnormal periods or lack of periods (amenorrhea)
- Hepatitis B
- Human papilloma virus (HPV)
- Ovarian cysts
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Pelvic pain
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs), including chlamydia, genital warts, gonorrhea, herpes and syphilis
- Urinary incontinence
- Uterine fibroids
As necessary, we work with other providers, such as those who specialize in cancer, endocrinology and urology to provide your treatment. Our goal is to ensure you receive coordinated services and the best possible care.
Gynecology treatments and services
At Methodist Hospital Northeast, we offer a vast array of gynecology procedures and treatments. Whenever possible, we recommend nonsurgical therapies first, but when needed, we provide a wide range of surgical options, including advanced robotic and minimally invasive surgical procedures that offer several potential benefits, including less pain and scarring, a shorter hospital stay and quicker recovery.
We strive to give women of all ages in northeast Bexar, Guadalupe and Comal Counties gynecologic care that’s compassionate, comprehensive and close to home.
Among our services are:
- Annual pelvic exams
- Birth control counseling
- Bone densitometry screening
- Breast exams
- Dilation and curettage (D&C)
- Endometrial ablation
- Loop electrical excision procedure (LEEP)
- Minor, in-office surgical procedures
- Nutritional counseling
- Permanent and reversible contraception
- Routine mammograms
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing
- Tubal ligation
Methodist Hospital Northeast is located off Frontage road and I-35 North, off I-35 and 1604 interchange. Patients and visitors can park for free in the lot in front of the hospital. All guests and visitors must check in at the admissions desk through the hospital lobby entrance.
Gynecology at Methodist Healthcare
Your gynecological health is an important part of your overall health. With our full-spectrum of gynecology services, we partner with you to ensure your total health and wellness.Learn about Gynecology
- Methodist Family Health Center - East
- Methodist Family Health Center - East of Downtown
- Methodist Healthcare Family Health Center - Las Palmas (West)
- Methodist Hospital
- Methodist Hospital Atascosa
- Methodist Hospital Metropolitan
- Methodist Hospital Northeast
- Methodist Hospital Stone Oak