COVID-19 and pregnancy - An update for our patients
We would like to take this opportunity to update you about your maternity care during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and assure you that our dedicated team of expert nurses, physicians and midwives are committed to providing safe and effective care to every patient who walks through our doors.
Labor and delivery at Methodist Hospital Stone Oak
There is no more joyful time than when you are expecting. At Methodist Hospital Stone Oak, our labor and delivery team’s primary focus is to provide exceptional, personalized and family-centered care that exceeds the needs and expectations of mothers-to-be. The hospital offers the trusted choice of quality Methodist Women’s Health services in North Central San Antonio. Specializing in prenatal and postpartum care as well as high-risk pregnancy, our 15-bed birthing center provides unrivaled services designed to enhance this miraculous experience.
We also believe in couplet care. This means, we minimize mother-baby separation. Your baby stays in your hospital room, even at night. This care facilitates family bonding, supports successful breastfeeding and creates a special experience for our mothers from childbirth throughout the inpatient stay.
For more information about our labor and delivery care, call Methodist Hospital Stone Oak at (210) 637-2271.
Methodist Hospital Metropolitan Stone Oak maternity tour
Personalized maternity care
In addition to providing comprehensive labor and delivery services, we offer:
- Luxurious private rooms for labor and delivery
- Obstetrician and anesthesiologist coverage 24/7
- Highly trained staff in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), should your baby need it
- Our 24-bed Level II NICU combines advanced technology and trained healthcare professionals to deliver exceptional care. Inside our state-of-the-art facility, your newborn will be under the watch of a dedicated team of registered nurses, neonatologists and a 24-hour on-site nurse practitioner.
- Specialized infant security system
- Lactation consultants available daily
- In our care, we provide for all of your baby’s needs, including diapers, wipes, swaddles and hats
- Wireless monitoring designed for laboring in comfort, squat bars, round exercise balls and peanut balls
- Golden hour following childbirth to promote infant bonding
Our facility has everything needed to make your stay comfortable. Expecting mothers and their families enjoy the following amenities and more:
- Private and spacious rooms
- Ergonomically designed birthing beds
- Free Wi-Fi and movies on demand
- Room-in options for family members
- Valet parking
We offer upgraded options for your hospital stay after birth with our luxurious suites. Upgrading to a special amenity room includes all meals for you and your partner. You are also able to take advantage of complimentary valet parking during your stay.
Our suites offer a large private bedroom and bathroom for the patient, with a second room with a daybed for your partner, including its own television and restroom. The suites also include a snack and coffee bar.
Let your labor and delivery nurses know that you are interested in a special amenity room for your recovery. Fees for the upgrade must be paid at time of service, based on the expected stay for the patient.
Knowing what to expect and where to go on the day of delivery can help ease any feelings of nervousness or anxiety. We offer an in-person tour of our facility, led by team members that are ready to answer any of your questions.
To schedule a free, one-hour tour of our childbirth center, call (210) 575-0355 or (800) 333-7333. You can also reserve your spot online. Tours start in the waiting area in The Women’s Pavilion.
Your hospital stay
During your hospital stay, we want your family to feel welcome and a part of this wonderful celebration of new life. One person that you designate may stay with you overnight in our private rooms or suites. Big brothers and big sisters of the baby are also encouraged to visit mom and baby!
We honor quiet hours each day from 2-4 p.m. This is a great time for you to get some rest.
How to find our labor and delivery unit
The Women’s Pavilion is located inside Methodist Hospital Stone Oak. We’re at the corner of Hardy Oak Boulevard and East Sonterra Boulevard. The hospital entrance is to the right of the V. Benson Pavilion facing East Sonterra Boulevard. Once inside, follow the signs to The Women's Pavilion on the second floor.
The front entrance and visitor parking lot are off East Sonterra Boulevard. Parking is free. We offer valet service for $8 per visit, or you can pay $12 for unlimited valet service for the day.
Labor and delivery at Methodist Healthcare
Just as every baby is unique, so is every delivery. As your partner in care, we provide a customized birthing experience that begins long before your first contraction and continues well after delivery.Learn about Labor and delivery
- Methodist Hospital
- Methodist Hospital Ambulatory Surgery
- Methodist Hospital Metropolitan
- Methodist Hospital Northeast
- Methodist Hospital South
- Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant
- Methodist Hospital Stone Oak
- Methodist Hospital Texsan