Neurology services at Methodist Hospital Stone Oak
To learn more about neurological services at Methodist Hospital Stone Oak, call us at (210) 638-2000.
Our passionate, highly skilled neurological team is committed to improving the lives of our patients by implementing the latest technological advancements and treatment programs. Providing the highest quality, safest care possible is our top priority.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak offers a spectrum of advanced neurological services. We specialize in the following procedures and more:
- Minimally invasive spinal fusion
- Deep brain stimulation
- Spinal canal exploration
- Neuronavigation tumor resection
- Minimally invasive laminectomy with decompression
- Neuromodulation implantation
We also offer comprehensive follow-up care after neurosurgery through our neurological rehabilitation program.
Our modern facility aims to provide all the space and technology needed to deliver expert neurological care. Our hospital includes:
- 39 beds in the Progressive Care Unit for stroke patients
- 34 surgical beds with the ability to transfer patients to the specialized Neurological Intensive Care Unit
- 20 beds in the Intensive Care Unit
- A Critical Care Unit that allows for direct patient observation
Nationally recognized stroke treatment
The Joint Commission has designated Methodist Hospital Stone Oak a Primary Stroke Center, recognizing the high level of stroke care we provide for incoming patients. Our hospital has also been recognized with an Elite Gold Plus Honor Roll designation by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association for consistent compliance with the Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke program.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak earned both of these certifications by strictly complying with national standards, which significantly improve outcomes for stroke patients.
Arriving for neurological treatment
Visitors arriving for appointments at Methodist Hospital Stone Oak can park for free in the main lot off East Sonterra Boulevard. You can also pull up to the hospital entrance for valet services. The valet costs $8 per day, per visit, or you can pay $12 to come and go as often as you’d like for the day.
Our front entrance is on the south side of the hospital facing East Sonterra Boulevard. Inside, you’ll find signs guiding you toward our neurological services. If you need help or have any questions when you arrive, go to our main information desk by the front entrance.
Neurological care at Methodist Healthcare
Neurological care is the practice of medicine that focuses on the treatment, function and diagnosis of diseases relating to the nerves and nervous system. Neurologists and neurosurgeons often treat disorders that affect the brain or spinal cord, including stroke.Learn about Neurological care
- Methodist Hospital
- Methodist Hospital Ambulatory Surgery
- Methodist Hospital Metropolitan
- Methodist Hospital Northeast
- Methodist Hospital South
- Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant
- Methodist Hospital Stone Oak
- Methodist Hospital Texsan