Pediatric pulmonary care at Methodist Children's Hospital
Breathing problems can be scary for both children and parents. At Methodist Children’s Hospital, we’re dedicated to finding the source of your child’s respiratory issues as quickly as possible, so we can create an effective treatment plan. Using state-of-the-art technology, our board-certified pediatric pulmonologists will pinpoint a diagnosis and get your child on track to a better quality of life.
Speak to a nurse or find a specialist today. Call us at (210) 22-NURSE.
Pulmonary conditions we treat
We treat a wide range of respiratory issues, including many complex lung disorders and chronic conditions. These include:
- Acute or chronic respiratory difficulties
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia
- Chronic cough
- Cystic fibrosis
- Lung transplant
- Muscular dystrophy and other neuromuscular disorders
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Repeated or unresolved pneumonia
- Severe allergies
- Sleep disorders
Pediatric pulmonary services in San Antonio
Our pediatric pulmonary team provides specialized care for young patients with respiratory conditions. Whether your child has a chronic breathing issue or a new health concern, our team can find a solution that helps your child thrive.
Before starting treatment, we’ll use state-of-the-art tests to pinpoint your child’s diagnosis. These tests will also help us determine the right therapy for your child’s needs.
We may conduct tests that measure:
- Airflow (spirometry with and without bronchodilator therapy)
- Airway reactivity (methacholine challenge, cold air inhalation or exercise tests)
- Breathing (respiratory inductance plethysmography, or RIP)
- Heart and lung function (cardiopulmonary stress tests)
- Infant lung function (thoracoabdominal compressions, nitrogen washout lung volumes, single breath occlusion compliance and response to carbon dioxide inhalation)
- Lung volume (body plethysmography and/or nitrogen washout)
- Muscle strength
- Oxygenation (diffusion capacity and arterial blood gas measurement)
Your child’s treatment will depend on his or her diagnosis, symptoms and overall health. Treatments may include various kinds of medicine, steroids, oxygen therapy or home ventilators.
Visiting Methodist Children's Hospital
Methodist Children's Hospital is located at 7700 Floyd Curl Drive in San Antonio. It’s situated on the Methodist Hospital campus.
We offer valet parking or you can self-park in Garage 2 or Garage 3.