Call Us: 210-MHS-RIDE ((210) 647-7433)
Methodist Healthcare Health Bus is a free service for Methodist Hospital Northeast, Methodist Children's Hospital and Methodist Hospital Metropolitan. The Health Bus offers free rides to patients who have difficulty with transportation. Service is provided to these hospitals, any of their facilities, and to doctors on the medical staff at these hospitals. Health Bus is equipped with seat belts and is wheelchair-accessible. The Health Bus serves patients in certain zip codes surrounding Methodist Hospital Northeast, Methodist Children's Hospital and Methodist Hospital Metropolitan. Restrictions may apply. Zip codes are subject to change. Click the links below for a list of zip codes served:
- Methodist Children’s Hospital Health Bus
- Methodist Hospital Northeast Health Bus
- Methodist Hospital Metropolitan Health Bus
How to schedule a ride
- Please call 210-MHS-RIDE (210-647-7433) at least 48 hours in advance of your appointment or scheduled admission, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. If possible, call prior to scheduling your appointment and we will work with you and your doctor’s office to schedule your visit at a time when Health Bus can meet your needs.
- Please have your doctor’s name, phone number and address available when calling to schedule your ride.
- If you have a scheduled appointment, please have your appointment date and time available when you call to schedule your ride on Health Bus.
- Rides on Health Bus must be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance of your appointment. Even with this advance notice we may not be able to give you a ride if the bus is full. To avoid this, please call to schedule your ride on Health Bus when you begin planning your next appointment so that we can work with you and your doctor to schedule your appointment at a time when we can meet your needs.
Day of the ride
- Please be ready 30 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time.
- Health Bus will park as close as possible to your front door.
- Patients who need special assistance should bring a companion to help them.
- When your appointment is over, you can call Health Bus at MHS-RIDE or have a representative from your doctor’s office call Health Bus to pick you up.