November 18, 2022
Methodist Hospital Atascosa is proud to introduce Drew Seelman, DNP, RN, CEN, as their new Chief Nursing Officer.
Since March 2021, Seelman has served as assistant chief nursing officer at Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant in San Antonio. Before that, he held leadership roles at both Methodist Hospital Texsan and Methodist Ambulatory Surgical Services.
“I am thrilled and honored to be the next chief nursing officer for Methodist Hospital Atascosa,” shared Seelman. “As a nurse, I want to ensure that all our care is high-quality and patient-centered. As a leader, I am excited to work with such an outstanding team and assist in continuing the great work at this facility. I hope my efforts can enhance the services at Methodist Hospital Atascosa, and I look forward to finding new ways to serve the community.”
With nearly 20 years of experience spanning nursing leadership, emergency services, trauma, and orthopedics, a few of Seelman’s highlights include:
- Leading a nursing team in ANCC Pathway to Excellence Award, Designated in 2021
- Improving patient experience and maintaining the 80th percentile or more significant in 2020 and 2021
- Serving as the executive lead for PCT retention action planning
- Leading the pressure injury mitigation plan resulting in a 90% increase in compliance within one month after implementation
- Leading Six Sigma and Lean initiatives
- Participating in an $18.5M renovation proposal to increase ICU and rehab capacity
Seelman holds a Doctorate of Nursing Practice in Executive Nursing Leadership, a Master of Science in Nursing Leadership and Innovation, and a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Dedicated to the nursing profession, he is also a member of the American Organization of Nurse Leaders, the South-Central Texas Organization of Nurse Leaders, and the Emergency Nurses Association.
Seelman will assume his new role on November 28, 2022.