August 17, 2016
Hospital Compare was created by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), in collaboration with other organizations that represent consumers, hospitals, doctors, employers, accrediting organizations, and other federal agencies. Hospital Compare provides information about the quality of care at over 4,000 Medicare-certified hospitals nationwide and allows consumers to find hospitals and compare the quality of the hospital's care to other hospitals. Hospital Compare allows users to rate hospitals on everything ranging from how well their pain was managed to cleanliness of the bathrooms.
Of thousands of hospitals, only 102 hospitals received a 5-star rating, the highest possible rating. Methodist Stone Oak Hospital is proud and honored to be one of only 102 hospitals and the only 5-star hospital in San Antonio, TX. We are ranked number six in the entire nation.
Below are the Top Ten Hospital from across the nation on the Hospital Compare site:
1. Fresno (Calif.) Surgical Hospital
2. Mercy St. Anne Hospital (Toledo, Ohio)
3. Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla (Calif.)
4. Orthopaedic Hospital at Parkview North (Fort Wayne, Ind.)
5. Mayo Clinic Health System Eau Claire (Wis.)
6. Methodist Stone Oak Hospital (San Antonio)
7. Hoag Orthopedic Institute (Irvine, Calif.)
8. Premier Surgical Institute (Galena, Kan.)
9. Straub Clinic and Hospital (Honolulu)
10. Crystal Clinic Orthopaedic Center (Akron, Ohio)
Congratulations to the exceptional staff, physicians and leaders at Methodist Stone Oak Hospital!