Methodist Hospital Metropolitan is a proud sponsor of PRIDE San Antonio 2021.
Methodist Hospital Metropolitan has been recognized as a “Leader in LGBTQ+ Healthcare Equality” by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation for demonstrating our commitment to equitable, inclusive care for LGBTQ+ patients and their loved ones, four years in a row. The HRC Foundation is the educational arm of the country’s largest lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBTQ+) civil rights organization.
“Being recognized as a leader in healthcare equality for the LGBTQ+ community means so much to our hospital. Our staff strives to provide the very best care for every patient; diversity and inclusion are an essential part of our hospital’s culture,” said Greg Seiler, CEO at Methodist Hospital Metropolitan. “Our mission statement is ‘serving humanity to honor God by providing exceptional and cost-effective health care accessible to all.’ Receiving this honor proves our understanding, commitment, and compassion, for the needs of the LGBTQ+ community and their families.”
- HealthyPeople.gov: Resource page for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health
- TLDEF: Transgender Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation
- The National LGBT Task Force
- National Center for Transgender Equality
- Human Rights Campaign
- The Center for HIV Law and Policy
- Sylvia Rivera (Transgender) Law Project
- Gay Lesbian Straight Education Network