Metropolitan Methodist Hospital is a proud sponsor of Pride SA 2019.
Metropolitan Methodist Hospital has been recognized as a “Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality” by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation for demonstrating our commitment to equitable, inclusive care for LGBTQ patients and their loved ones. The HRC Foundation is the educational arm of the country’s largest lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) civil rights organization.
"Our mission statement is serving humanity to honor God by providing exceptional and cost effective health care accessible to all. To the staff at Metropolitan Methodist Hospital this means providing the very best for every patient regardless of their background and we're very proud of the HEI leader designation which shows our sensitivity, knowledge and commitment to the needs of LGBT patients and community," said Greg Seiler, CEO at Metropolitan Methodist Hospital.
- HealthyPeople.gov: Resource page for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health
- TLDEF: Transgender Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation
- The National LGBT Task Force
- National Center for Transgender Equality
- Human Rights Campaign
- The Center for HIV Law and Policy
- Sylvia Rivera (Transgender) Law Project
- Gay Lesbian Straight Education Network