Joseph Karam, MDGeneral Surgery
After completing his training, he moved back home to San Antonio to be with his family and begin private practice as a general surgeon. His areas of special interest are broad, and include the GI system (esophageal, hepatobiliary and colon surgery), the endocrine system (thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal), skin and soft tissue (melanoma, breast, general skin lesions), and hernias (ventral, incisional, hiatal, inguinal and femoral). He is experienced in minimally invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery.
Do the best thing for the patient. Treat their concerns as well as their condition.
Accepts most insurance. Contact your insurance provider for coverage information
Minimally Invasive Surgery
Ventral and Inguinal Hernia Repairs
- Surgical Critical Care - Board Certified
- General Surgery - Primary - Board Certified
- Undergraduate Degree: Trinity University, San Antonio - 2002
- Graduate Degree: University of Texas Medical Branch - 2009
- Internship: University of Alabama, Birmingham - 2010
- Residency: University of Alabama, Birmingham - 2014
- Fellowship: University of Louisville - 2015
- Methodist Hospital