Richard Otero, MDGastroenterology
Dr. Otero completed his undergraduate work at Harvard College. He then went on to obtain his Medical Doctorate at Southwestern Medical School and completed his internship as well as his residency at the University of Texas Affiliated Hospitals in Houston, Texas. He then accepted a Fellowship in Gastro there as well.
When you ask Dr. Otero why he chose this field, he describes the diversity while saying, “it gives me the opportunity to work with patients while performing procedures—it is both mentally and physically challenging every day.”
Dr. Otero enjoys traveling around the globe. He recalls Turkey, Italy, Thailand, and Bali as some of his favorite stops around the world.
- Gastroenterology - Primary - Board Certified
- Undergraduate Degree: Harvard University - 1974
- Graduate Degree: University of Texas Southwestern - 1978
- Internship: University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston - 1979
- Residency: University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston - 1981
- Fellowship: University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston - 1983
- Metropolitan Methodist Hospital