Samuel Hakim, MDUrology
He joined Urology San Antonio in August 2009 after concluding 24 years of service in the U.S. Air Force Medical Corps. Prior to his military retirement, Dr. Hakim was a Lieutenant Colonel and the Urology Flight Commander at Wilford Hall Medical Center at Lackland Air Force Base.
When he retired from the military in 2009, Dr. Hakim entered private practice with Urology San Antonio and helped the practice open a location in the Westover Hills area where he continues to see patients. Additionally, he spearheaded an initiative to make the practice one of the first civilian clinics in the Nation offering couples the fibrin glue vasectomy reversal technique.
When he is not working in the clinic or the operating room, Dr. Hakim enjoys being physically active. In 2004, he completed the Ironman Florida Triathlon. He also enjoys the more leisurely sport of golf. .
- Urology - Primary - Board Certified
- Fellowship: Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center - 1996
- Undergraduate Degree: Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute - 1987
- Graduate Degree: Albany Medical College - 1989
- Internship: Wilford Hall Medical Center - Lackland AFB - 1990
- Residency: Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center - 1996
- Methodist Specialty & Transplant Hospital