William C Lewis, MDColon and Rectal Surgery
After serving honorably for 18 years, Lieutenant Colonel Lewis returned to San Antonio to enter private practice in 2012. His military experience taught him an appreciation for professionalism, leadership, and a collaborative approach to problem-solving. These core values have served Dr. Lewis well throughout his busy surgical practice. While skilled in all aspects of Colorectal Surgery, his primary clinical interests are Colorectal Cancer and Inflammatory Bowel Disease, where a team approach to patient-centered care is paramount. He achieved and maintains Board Certification from both the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery.
When not taking care of patients, Dr. Lewis enjoys traveling, golfing, hiking, and spending time with his extended family. He and his wife, Jennifer, are the proud parents of four very accomplished children.
Accepts most insurance. Contact your insurance provider for coverage information
Inherited Cancer Syndromes
Minimally Invasive Surgery
Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Colon and Rectal Surgery - Primary - Board Certified
- Undergraduate Degree: Rice University - 1994
- Graduate Degree: Doctor Of Medicine - Baylor College of Medicine - 1998
- Fellowship: St. Francis Hospital and Medical Center - 2004
- Internship: Wilford Hall Medical Center/ University of Texas Health Science Center - San Antonio - 1999
- Residency: Wilford Hall Medical Center/ University of Texas Health Science Center - San Antonio - 2003
- Methodist Stone Oak Hospital
- Methodist Hospital