At Methodist Heart Hospital, we have experience performing a wide range of heart and vascular surgeries. We provide total care for our patients, and we use the latest technologies—including minimally invasive techniques and robotic-assisted options—to ensure the best outcomes and fastest recovery times possible.
For more information about heart and vascular surgery in San Antonio, call Methodist Heart Hospital at (210) 575-6800.
Our heart and vascular team performs a variety of surgeries, including angioplasty and stenting. We can also install devices, such as pacemakers, to help patients manage heart conditions.
Facilities for heart surgery and ongoing care
To provide the best treatment possible, our heart hospital is equipped with the latest technologies and a variety of facilities to support patients at various points in their care. Methodist Heart Hospital features:
- Three cardiac catheterization labs
- Two electrophysiology labs
- Four dedicated cardiovascular operating suites
- A 12-bed Cardiac Intensive Care Unit
- A 14-bed Cardiac Surgical Intensive Care Unit
Our hybrid operating room, which we use as a space for diagnostic tests and surgeries, has a holding area for patients. The holding area gives patients access to cardiac catheterization labs and immediate care following cardiovascular surgery.
Cardiovascular surgery unit location
Our comprehensive surgery unit is on the sixth floor inside Methodist Hospital. We're in the north tower. The main help desk, available Mon - Fri: 7 a.m. - 2 p.m., is in the central tower by the front entrance.
The closest parking lot is off Floyd Curl Drive and Medical Drive. We offer valet services for $8 per visit, and additional parking spaces are available in our three parking garages.
Heart and vascular surgery at Methodist Healthcare
Cardiovascular surgeons work to repair damage done to the heart and blood vessels. Damage can be caused by heart diseases or disorders, including heart failure and congenital heart defects. Surgery is a vital part of treatment for many heart conditions.Learn about Heart and vascular surgery
- Adult Congenital Heart - Corpus Christi Satellite Clinic
- Methodist Children's Hospital
- Methodist Heart Hospital
- Methodist Hospital
- Methodist Hospital Metropolitan
- Methodist Hospital Northeast
- Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant
- Methodist Hospital Stone Oak
- Methodist Hospital Texsan
- South Texas Adult Congenital Heart Center
- South Texas Heart Valve Center