Pediatric Oncology in San Antonio, Texas
At Methodist Hospital, we’re understand the life-changing impact of a cancer diagnosis can be for a child and their family. Our team of experts can treat a wide-range of pediatric diseases, including:
Additionally, we have a robust profile of clinical research studies to offer leading-edge therapies to qualified patients. Learn more about our pediatric clinical research offerings.
Our multi-disciplinary team is trained to address not just the clinical aspects of cancer; we have a holistic, patient-centered approach. Our comprehensive team includes:
- Board Certified pediatric hematology-oncologists
- Surgical oncologists
- Radiation oncologists
- Pediatric pharmacists
- Advanced practice nurses
- Case managers
- Oncology social workers
- Oncology psychologist
- Child life specialists
- Art Therapists
To schedule an appointment, call the Methodist Children’s Hospital Cancer and Blood Center at (210) 575-2222.
Adolescent and young adult cancer care in San Antonio, Texas
For more than 20 years, Methodist Children’s Hospital has provided a comprehensive, one-stop model of care to ensure comprehensive therapy and psychosocial support for adolescents and young adults (AYA) facing cancer. We know AYA patients are a unique population with unique needs, which is why we place a special focus on this group.
We help AYA patients between the ages 15-39 take an active role in their care and navigate the medical system. Our cancer care specialists have the clinical experience, the scientific knowledge and the resources to determine which treatment protocol offers the most effective therapy to meet each patient’s unique needs.
Our physicians optimize care for young adults by offering specialized services and protocols.
- Provide more clinical trials for the AYA population than anywhere else in San Antonio
- Offer a collaborative program led by a board certified pediatric hematologist/oncologist
- Provide emotional support tailored to young adults and oncology support services including:
- A full complement of adult and pediatric social workers, psychologists and child life specialists to address psychosocial issues
- Recreational therapy
- Bedside music and art
- Peer support and mentoring
- Refer patients for fertility and reproductive health counseling
- Provide long-term care for survivors
To make an appointment, you can call us directly or get a referral from your primary care provider. We encourage you to coordinate with your family doctor when coming to Methodist Children’s Hospital.
- Designated AYA (Adolescent and Young Adult) lounge
- Psychosocial and art therapy services
- Only CAR-T CELL Therapy provider in San Antoino
- Over 700 pediatric transplants since Bone Marrow Transplant program inception
- Commission on Cancer accredited
- First Fact-accredited pediatric Bone Marrow Transplant Program in the nation
About Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute
Methodist Healthcare is part of Sarah Cannon, the Cancer Institute of HCA Healthcare. Our family of hospitals provides comprehensive cancer services with convenient access to cutting-edge therapies for people facing cancer in our communities. From diagnosis, to treatment and survivorship care, our oncology expertise ensures you have access to locally-trusted care with the support of a globally-recognized network.
Have cancer questions? We can help. askSARAH is a dedicated helpline for your cancer-related questions. Our specially trained nurses are available 24/7, and all calls are confidential. Contact askSARAH at (210) 507-0941.